Executive Marketing Leader
Reports to: CEO
Who You Are
You will thrive here as a key member of the executive team, if you are a forward thinker who is obsessive about discovering customer and market needs and delivering innovative products to significant commercial success. The Executive Marketing Leader will play an instrumental role in achieving Ascent’s growth and financial objectives, working closely with the CEO to create and execute a strategic marketing plan.
We are seeking a game-changing marketing leader to own all areas of marketing, including but not limited to, product marketing, demand generation & account-based marketing, content marketing, branding, public relations, channel marketing, marketing analytics, trade shows and events. The Executive Marketing Leader has experience at high-growth companies and is a great coach who has hired, managed and led top-performing marketing teams.
As the Executive Marketing Leader at Ascent, you will be a key decision maker and leader in guiding the direction of the company from day one. This is a high impact leadership role at an exciting time at Ascent to support taking our products to the next level of maturity and realize significant market opportunities.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Quickly gain a deep understanding of Ascent’s products, how they are implemented and intended to be used by customers
- Develop, communicate, and execute our marketing strategy and plan
- Hire, lead, mentor, and grow a team of dynamic and diverse marketers responsible for our demand generation, customer retention, product marketing, partner marketing, brand, and PR programs
- Align strategies to ensure brand consistency across online campaigns, customer meetings, conferences and events that resonate with our customers and prospects in the Financial Services industry
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the sales process and product/services value propositions to position and sell high-value solutions to our existing and potential customer base through thought leadership and blogging, social media, and speaking engagements
- Optimize spend across various marketing channels
- Continuously refine our comprehensive go-to-market plans across multiple geographies, channels, and market segments in collaboration with the Sales Team
- Keep the company up-to-date with market trends and competition
- Work closely with the Customer Success team on developing and operationalizing an upsell program
- As an Executive Team member, forecast and present on strategy and progress to the Board of Directors on a quarterly basis
Required Skills & Abilities
- Significant lead generation experience with the ability to show what you did and how you measured your performance through metrics with a demonstrated record of results.
- Successful at account penetration and can help grow existing accounts and excels at supporting sales, developing collateral and “Go To Market” messaging
- Strong understanding of brand, inbound, and outbound marketing in enterprise software
- Proven experience in running all facets of a robust Marketing organization including content, creative, PR, events, product marketing, ABM, and SEO demand generation
- Ability to set and drive strategy to make a big impact, ensuring the company’s goals are achieved
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate with all internal and external stakeholders
- Possess and display exemplary leadership qualities and collaborate well with employees at all levels of the organization
- Executive level presentation skills
- Organized and can budget resources effectively
- Recent and significant experience in a marketing leadership position at an enterprise software company, marketing software directly to Fortune 500 companies. Financial Institutions a plus
- Proven experience building a world class brand while in a marketing leadership role as the company’s positioning is going to shift from being a breakthrough technology to a more mainstream solution
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial atmosphere of a fast growing company and has been through the experience of scaling up an enterprise to significant organization size and revenues at least once in their career
- Previous senior level marketing management experience in a high growth environment leading teams of marketers
- Deep understanding of sales tools (e.g. HubSpot) and a track record of leveraging technology in order to improve sales performance
Ascent employees enjoy many benefits and perks, including:
- Competitive compensation - base, bonus + equity
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance; premiums paid 95% for the individual
- Medical premiums paid 50% for covered dependents
- Medical HSA/FSAs
- Life insurance
- Disability benefits
- Dependent Care FSA
- Flexible PTO
- Remote work stipend
- Professional development stipend
- Charitable matching gift program
- The opportunity to work with smart people on challenging problems!
Who We Are
Ascent is a Chicago-based startup that closed its Series B funding round of $19.3M in Fall 2019. Founded only four years ago, the team has since grown to over 50 full time employees, led and supported by an executive team and board of directors with extensive experience in technology, regulatory compliance, sales and business operations. Ascent serves global financial institutions such as ING and CommBank, and is also working directly with regulators around the world in order to continually improve and advance our product.
A first mover in building proprietary RegulationAI™, Ascent delivers market leading regulatory knowledge as a groundbreaking new way for financial firms to manage compliance. It is our mission to help our customers protect their business from regulatory and reputational risk while reducing their overall cost to comply.
We prioritize diversity, equity, and inclusion and believe strongly that a team with different backgrounds and perspectives produces better results. Together, we are solving a $64 billion global problem in regulatory compliance. Watch this video to learn more about what we do.
Ascent is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.