Experiential Marketing Manager at Camelot Illinois
About Camelot Illinois
Camelot Illinois operates the Illinois Lottery, a modern enterprise that truly benefits the people of Illinois. We place consumers and social responsibility at our core, providing funding for schools, capital projects and special causes. We are a progressive organization that is reinforcing the lottery’s rightful position as a force for good alongside the State of Illinois.
Camelot Illinois is a subsidiary of Camelot Lottery Solutions, a leading solutions and technology provider to lotteries around the world. Camelot Lottery Solutions digital and data platforms, and services power some of the most innovative and fastest growing lotteries in the world including the Irish and UK National Lotteries, Loterie Romande (Switzerland), and the Arkansas Scholarship Lottery.
Our sister company, Camelot UK, has operated the UK National Lottery since 1994. Camelot UK has an unrivaled track record for success, helping the UK National Lottery deliver over $80 billion to winners and $46 billion to good causes to date.
About the Team:
The Marketing and Digital function will lead a program to establish the Illinois Lottery brand through innovative, insight-led programs such as a new mobile first consumer experience, exciting games, social media and original advertising campaigns.
The Experiential Marketing Manager is responsible for the planning, supervision and administration of developing, coordinating and implementing experiential marketing programs in support of major campaign launches and strategic initiatives. This role will also manage our sports partnerships and any experiential activation supporting those partnerships. To be successful in this role, the Experiential Marketing Manager will need to proactively manage our experiential marketing agency and collaborate cross-functionally with other Marketing, Digital and Sales functions.
- Brief experiential agency to create plans for activation experiences that support building the Illinois Lottery brand and related strategic initiatives
- Work with our agency to identify the activations that represent our brand and speak to our target consumer groups
- Ensure our experiential agency is working closely with the rest of the inter-agency team to ensure integrated campaigns that deliver against our brand promise and within brand guidelines
- Work with media agency to identify, negotiate and manage sports partnerships
- Ensure timely delivery of creative assets for sports partnerships by working with the consumer marketing manager to ensure that all creative is delivered on time and within campaign/brand guidelines
- Amplify sports partnerships by leveraging relationships to deliver innovative experiential on-site activations
- Work closely with media manager to ensure we are supporting partnerships with effective media that reaches our target consumer groups
- Manage cross-functional teams to deliver against aggressive timelines in an efficient manner
- Assist with budget management, PO creation, and invoice processes for experiential agency. Liaise between agencies, CIL Finance and outside suppliers as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis on Business, Marketing, Communications, Journalism or a related field
- MBA preferred, but not required
- Prior experience in B2C experiential marketing required (client or agency side)
- Passion for the lottery industry; no previous lottery experience required
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and perform in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to grasp concepts quickly and work out complex situations
- Ability to lead and operate in ambiguous situations
- Strong verbal & written communication skills, proofreading and editing skills
- Fosters open, honest and direct communication while maintaining sensitivity to confidential information
- Demonstrates professional maturity and a genuine desire and passion for the Lottery business
- Passionate about event activation and sports marketing
Working For Camelot Illinois
We are a transformative lottery company with world-class people, technology, and operations that is committed to powering possibilities--for our employees, our partners, and our consumers. With grit and determination we believe in doing not just the easy thing but the right thing. The Camelot values of do good, be accountable, stay connected, keep improving, and spark enthusiasm are embedded in the design of our organization and our plans for Illinois.
- Do Good: We care about our communities, our stakeholders, and each other. We act with integrity & honesty, as a positive force for Illinois.
- Be Accountable: we drive results. And we continually strive to get those results more efficiently and effectively.
- Stay Connected: Being open, honest, and collaborative is what makes us, us. This is embodied in our messaging and communications and in how we treat each other.
- Keep Improving: We’re hungry to be better. We innovate and evolve our business, our teams, and ourselves, always with an eye on professional and personal growth.
- Spark Enthusiasm: We incorporate energy and laughter into every aspect of our work to create positive and entertaining experiences.
We want people who thrive in an autonomous, collaborative and results-driven environment to join our company. We believe the way to attract and retain the best talent is to offer a fulfilling experience and meaningful work in an organization committed to growing its people. Learning & Development is a top priority, and we partner with employees to grow and progress their professional skill sets.
Benefits and Employee Policies
We bring our experience of working with European lotteries to Illinois. We also bring a European influence to paid time off, family leave and so on. We have created a strong ethical culture that is translated to each of our employees and business dealings globally. We offer a package of benefits and policies that competes with any private sector employer in the state. We ensure that every employee is engaged and has the necessary support to understand and implement the responsible gaming principles at work.
Moreover, we pledge to have the highest standards of respect, diversity and inclusion at our company and support and encourage our partners to do the same.
Camelot Illinois is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.