Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
We're looking for a hardworking communications professional to join Affirm’s Communications Team, focusing primarily on financial communications. The candidate will have the opportunity to join an organization during a period of significant growth. The Communications function advances the company’s business objectives while protecting its reputation. We do this by working closely with the media, using consistent and compelling narratives, and identifying creative storytelling opportunities.
The professional will be an excellent writer, highly organized, with strong attention to detail. They will help support planning, pitching and executing communications efforts that can substantially drive Affirm’s narrative. They will also serve as a point of contact with key internal partners across Affirm, including senior members of our leadership team, and serve as an Affirm spokesperson for the press, and help draft press releases, talking points and briefing documents. They have a track record of media results, and bring long-standing reporter relationships. They are collaborative, adaptable, tenacious, and excel in a fast-paced, dynamic environment!What you’ll do:
- This role will support Affirm’s financial communications and you will play an instrumental part in how Affirm tells its story externally
- You will support the development and execution of corporate communications, including: earnings, transactions, partnerships, issues management
- Develop communications plans, proactive and reactive messaging for key corporate initiatives, including: drafting news releases, talking points, Q&A documents, and briefing materials
- Identify, research, develop and execute unique story angles, thought-leadership positions and announcements that help advance Affirm's business objectives and positioning
- Help build and manage relationships with members of business, technology and financial media and other market influencers
- Define and measure the impact of communications initiatives in partnership with financial, B2B and consumer communications
- 6-8 years of communications experience – in house or agency– at a finance, technology, or fast-growth organization, at least some of which is corporate and/or executive communications
- Strong writer and media relations skills
- Self-starter who is eager to grow and make their mark in a fast-paced, organization
- Strong project management skills – able to organize work in a disciplined and thorough manner but equally comfortable in a fast paced environment
- Extraordinary teammate - no job is too big or small
- Understanding of data-based measurement and decision making
Location - Remote U.S.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.