Global Customer Segmentation Specialist at Reverb
Reverb is the largest online marketplace dedicated to buying and selling new, used, and vintage musical instruments. Since launching in 2013, Reverb has grown into a vibrant community of buyers and sellers all over the world. By focusing on inspiring content, price transparency, musician-focused eCommerce tools, a music-savvy customer service team, and more, Reverb has created an online destination where the global music community can connect over the perfect piece of music gear.
We believe that music makes the world a better place, which is why our mission is to make the world more musical. Sales on Reverb support Reverb Gives, which provides youth music education programs across the world with instruments they need to make music.
Are you passionate about customer engagement? Do you love diving into data and insights to develop creative ways to acquire and retain customers?
We are seeking an Audience Segmentation Specialist to join our Growth team and bring customer-centric insights to life by using internal and external data sources to understand behavioral patterns, build customer segmentation, and inform marketing strategy. By working closely with cross-functional partners in Marketing, Analytics, and Product & Engineering, you will help your teammates to develop valuable programs to turn one-time users into loyal customers, increase purchase frequency, and delight the global Reverb audience.
This is a full-time position reporting to the Retention Marketing Manager. We are open to remote hires within multiple states as well as candidates local to Chicago, IL who are comfortable traveling to an office at least 2 days per week. For candidates who will work remotely visit this link for a list of approved locations.
- Help evolve and continually optimize customer segmentation plans and targeting strategies to drive and optimize growth across all channels with a focus on international markets (specifically UK, DE, FR, & CA)
- Identify, create, and maintain audiences across various tools and marketing channels
- Uncover user behaviors, patterns, and long-term trends within data and work cross-functionally to translate insights into action
- Enrich customer data by developing user scores and propensity models in support of relevant targeting and messaging
- Drive marketing automation in our existing tool set through audience creation, reporting processes and model deployment
- Work with partners on weekly and monthly experiment plans and make recommendations to increase engagement across key segments and channels
- 3+ years of quantitative work experience with large customer databases and datasets with ecommerce or marketplace experience
- Strong analytical skills translating raw data into insights to form hypotheses
- Capable of creating feedback loops between segmentation models and campaign results to continuously improve segments
- Ability to partner with analytics, data engineering, and other technical teams on data intensive project work
- SQL proficiency; exposure to other programming languages a plus
- Experience with Customer Data Platforms such as mParticle or Segment
- Experience working with various analytics platforms such as Amplitude or Mixpanel
- Knowledge of data visualization tools (e.g. Looker, Tableau) and familiarity with using APIs for data extraction purposes a plus
- Experience building sophisticated clustering models (e.g. RFM) with large datasets to accurately profile and segment customers a plus
Reverb offers compensation packages that include base, bonus, and equity in the form of Etsy restricted stock units. Some of our key benefits include but are not limited to the following:
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and their eligible dependents (you read it right: no premiums!)
- Life, AD&D, and supplemental long-and short-term disability insurance
- A matching 401(k)
- A generous PTO policy that includes vacation, sick/mental health days plus 11 paid holidays and two floating holidays.
- 18 weeks of gender-neutral parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child
- Up to $7,500 reimbursement of adoption-related expenses
- Paid sabbatical program
- Ways to give back to your community through a charitable contribution match and volunteer time off
At Reverb, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant and resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Reverb is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
We know that the impostor syndrome and confidence gap are real. Please do not hesitate to apply!