We're Screencastify, the #1 screen recorder for Chrome. In 2020, Screencastify became K-12’s most used asynchronous video tool with more than 15 million users every week (!!!) recording, editing, and sharing all sorts of amazing videos.
Now, we’ve created ambitious new goals, features, and products that will enable us to further improve how we provide service to our users and accelerate our already fast growth. Recently, we launched 2 new products: Screencastify Edit and Screencastify Submit, that will propel our company to the next level of success. We’ve set out to transform video in the classroom and make it not just a tool for remote learning, but an integral part of every student’s education.
About the role
We’re looking for a Growth Marketing Manager to help us plan and execute marketing programs and campaigns that help us acquire and engage users of Screencastify’s suite of products -- from awareness to premium usage for education and professional users.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for generating growth of our user base and engaging new and existing education users at target schools and districts to nurture toward better free and premium experiences. This will be achieved via a mix of marketing channels like email, webinars/events, paid search, display retargeting, in-app messaging, and performance marketing.
We’re looking for a person who is driven to help educators every day and is excited to build a user growth function from the ground-up.
Why is this role special?
You get to have a massive impact. As our first Growth Marketing Manager, you’ll build our user growth strategy from the ground up. You’ll be able to research and propose new tactics to acquire new users, and focus on generating quality (not quantity) engagement with our free and premium education users.
You'll tackle a variety of challenges. Our team is still small, and people wear many hats. You'd work closely with Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, and Product — participating in every phase from ideation to implementation.
Work with an extremely talented team. In 2020, our team grew from less than 10 to over 50 employees and we still achieve results similar to companies 5x our headcount.
Join us at a magical time. We're bootstrapped, profitable, and support tens of millions of users, which gives us a huge green field to work with. You'll join at the perfect time to shape how we grow from here.
RequirementsAs the Growth Marketing Manager, you will:
- Develop our user growth and retention campaign strategy and calendar, while executing on a quarterly basis. These efforts will focus on driving valuable conversions from “awareness” to user and from user to premium user.
- Partner with go-to-market (Sales, Succes, Marketing) and Product teams to define, track, and growth goals, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), and execution efforts for metrics like Cost per New User, Total New Users, Conversion to Paid, Churn Rate Improvement, Product Qualified Leads/Accounts, etc.
- Work with our Professional Development team to create and own customer journey for our self-service education and professional users, creating an always-on customer journey focused on improved user experience for educators and professional users.
- Establish closed-loop testing and reporting structure with fellow marketing team members by leveraging multivariate tests for product experience, messaging, marketing channels, and collateral types to constantly improve and adapt conversion and campaign efforts.
- Stay up-to-date with education + edtech trends and hot topics to generate new outreach and campaign ideas.
You’re perfect for this role if you...
- Have 4+ years building user growth/digital marketing strategies and executing campaigns/programs to achieve those strategies. Education and/or edtech experience is a huge plus!
- Have familiarity with Subscription Billing systems like Chargebee, Zuora, Recurly, etc. and user email marketing platforms like MailChimp, Active Campaign, Hubspot, ConstantContact, etc.
- Are passionate about understanding deep user data to increase usage and enhance the user’s experience
- Love managing growth marketing programs like email nurture, onboarding experiences, webinars, events, PPC, etc. (SQL, HTML, and CSS experience is a plus).
- Have outstanding communication and writing skills, including the ability to perfectly embody a brand’s voice while putting yourself in the user’s shoes
- Are action-oriented, like engagement-focused, and kind.
Competitive compensation. We take a data-driven approach to our compensation strategy so all employees are paid competitively and equitably.
401k plan + match. We want to invest in present you and future you, which is why we offer a generous 401k match with our 401k plan.
Minimum vacation policy. We recognize the importance of taking personal time off, and require our employees to take at least 15 vacation days per year. You’re also encouraged to take additional paid time off, as needed.
Flexible work policy. Gone are the days of being in an office from 9-5, Monday through Friday. We recognize there are better ways to measure productivity than counting the number of hours you’re in the office and that sometimes the office isn’t the best place to be productive.
Parental leave. Generous paid time off for parents to bond with the newest addition to their family!
Medical, dental, and vision insurance. We cover 100% of employee medical premiums and 50% of employee dental & vision premiums. Plus, all employees receive a free One Medical membership.
Professional development. Each department has a professional development budget and employees are encouraged to take workshops, attend webinars, join associations, and anything else that could help grow their careers. Did we also mention employees get free access to Udemy for Business?
Divvy bike membership. If you’re in Chicago, take advantage of an annual Divvy membership -- on us.