Growth Marketing Strategist
So what does a Growth Marketing Strategist do all day? We research, analyze and identify barriers in our user’s experience and empathize with how and why they occur. We construct testing strategies and execute on them by writing product adoption messaging, building user communication flows, collaborating with teammates to model tests, publish, measure outcomes, and iterate; all with a high level of autonomy and efficiency.
Sprout Social is used by over 25,000 brands worldwide including Evernote, adidas, West Elm and Edelman. These businesses rely on Sprout to create stronger relationships with their customers through social media. The strategies you implement will directly impact our customer growth.
In this role, you’ll collaborate with partners in product, engineering, marketing and sales to increase Trial to Customer conversion rates, product adoption, and upsell opportunities. This team moves quickly and has the means to test changes in the Sprout product itself. This is a perfect role for someone who embraces learning through hands-on experimentation and has a hunger for understanding what makes our users tick.
We’re looking for someone with previous experience running successful tests to drive business results. You have developed a process for using data to successfully drive marketing strategy. You have a working knowledge of conversion rate optimization, persuasive writing/storytelling and user psychology.
If you enjoy problem solving in interdisciplinary teams, taking risks and failing forward, we’d love to chat with you.
Within 1 month, you will...
- Complete Sprout’s New Hire training program alongside other new Sprout team members.
- Gain an understanding of the team’s roadmap and Agile processes by having discussions with your team’s project manager.
- Meet your teammates in the Growth Team and understand the process for how we prioritize, deploy, measure and iterate through testing loops.
Within 3 months, you will...
- Fully integrate yourself into the Growth Team by executing as a Marketing contributor on tests in the Growth backlog.
- Have a process in place for implementing customer research into all of your marketing execution.
Within 6 months, you will...
- Assist in getting metrics up and running for measuring the effectiveness of user messaging to in-app behavior.
- Fully understand the voice of the customer for core user segments at Sprout and have a framework for incorporating into your writing and user communications
- Educate the marketing team on implementing Growth principles into their work and share learnings from Growth experiments out to the department.
- Work with your manager to define your career goals and formulate a plan to make progress towards them.
- Regularly share what you’re learning during marketing Growth team meetings and cascade learnings to the Marketing team as a whole.
- Actively participate in experiment reviews and project milestone check-ins.
Within 12 months, you will...
- Reach a level in executing work that requires little or no direction from the Growth Marketing Lead.
- Advocate for best practices to drive trial activation and product adoption based on your learnings.
- Contribute ideas for high opportunity tests for Growth roadmap planning.
- Learn to prioritize tests and identify new ways to improve the speed in which we test.
- Seek clarification and provide thoughtful constructive feedback within the Growth team.
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success.
Team Sprout is a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We’re proud to regularly be recognized for software, product and company culture achievements. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including generous company contributions
- Progressive benefit programs, like our parental leave program and free Divvy bike memberships
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment - your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability and life insurance
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and financial well-being of our team
- Breakfast and lunch options onsite, and more healthy snack options and beverages than you can imagine
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
Sprout Social is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here (1) Equal Opportunity Employment Poster (2) Sprout Social's Affirmative Action Statement (3) Pay Transparency Statement.
Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law. We value the things that make us different and want to see how you can make our team better!