Head of Affiliates & Media Buyers at Root
We are looking for a seasoned performance marketing leader with deep knowledge in affiliate marketing through either an in-house program or through affiliate platforms. In this position, you'll own the P&L for affiliate & media buying partners spanning multiple products while creating and leading a small team of affiliate specialists. You will interact with the partnership teams, product, data science and actuary, and provide recommendations to the leadership team on marketing investment strategy to continually improve efficiency and unlock new opportunities.
Location: Columbus, OH or Remote (U.S. only)
What you'll be doing.
- Own affiliate network & external media buyers performance, spanning multiple products and platforms (app and web).
- Define and execute the overarching growth strategy and measures of success across these channels.
- Continuously review commission models and levels to ensure incentives are aligned and fraud is monitored and minimized.
- Lead a team of growth managers, analysts, and coordinators to achieve growth and marketing efficiency targets, optimizing campaigns to maximize customer LTV.
- Identify new channels to scale while executing new targeting strategies to unlock new customer segments.
- Own partner relationships and influence their product roadmaps, negotiate favorable commercial terms, and secure account support and resources to have the first-mover advantage of new product features as they are built.
- Partner with the finance and actuarial teams to generate monthly/quarterly forecasts and state-level growth plan.
- Partner with the Head of Demand Generation to ensure channel-specific objectives complement the team-wide monthly marketing plan and minimize audience competition.
- Scale team, including building talent pipeline, hiring team, and building the foundation for consistent, scalable processes as the org grows.
- Lead and project manage cross-functional working groups to drive high impact initiatives that support company-wide strategic goals.
- Build strong relationships with key cross-org stakeholders to help build integrated programs (Brand Marketing, Content Marketing, Social Media Marketing, Partnerships).
- Work alongside product team counterparts to drive conversion rate optimization across the entire funnel.
What we're looking for.
- 5-10 years managing affiliate programs for high growth companies with a multi-million dollar annual marketing budget.
- Proven experience rapidly and efficiently scaling marketing spend in a rapidly changing environment while onboarding new partners and unlocking new customer segments; specific expertise in scaling and unlocking new direct response mobile app channels.
- Exceptional leadership skills and naturally collaborative; track record of building high-performance marketing teams.
- Deep knowledge of online advertising and ad tech space; robust understanding of online advertising best practices.
- Quantitative mindset, ideally with a strong technical background and education (degree in a quantitative area such as computer science, applied mathematics, econometrics, or one of the physical sciences a plus).
- In-depth understanding of customer LTV and segmentation.
- Experience with API-based programmatic buying, preferably working with technology teams directly integrating with major search engines or ad exchanges.
- Direct-to-consumer marketing experience in insurance or subscription services and/or a high growth tech company is a plus.
- Proficiency with SQL, Python, and advanced Excel skills a plus.
Who we are.
Root Insurance is the nation’s first licensed insurance carrier powered entirely by mobile. We were founded on the belief that the services you need for everyday life should serve you better. That’s why we base insurance coverages on you, not your demographic. It’s the way insurance should be. And it’s all conveniently in an app.
What draws people to Root.
Our early success is in large part due to our unwavering standards in hiring. We recognize that our product is only as good as the people building and promoting it. We look for individuals who find solutions by going through the cycle of ideation to implementation with curiosity, rigor, and a highly analytical lens. Ask anyone who works here and you’ll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Autonomy. For assertive self-starters, the opportunities to contribute are limitless.
Impact. By challenging the way it’s always been done, we solve problems that have a big impact on our business.
Collaboration. We encourage rich discussion and civil debate at every turn.
People. We are inspired by the collection of crazy-smart people around us.