Head of Marketing- Poker Powher at PEAK6
POKER POWHER (https://pokerpowher.com/), a subsidiary venture of PEAK6 Investments, was founded in 2020 on the belief that teaching women a game of skill could transform the next generation of female leaders. With a goal of teaching one million women to play, POKER POWHER is flipping the table and we’re bringing our own chairs. We’re teaching women to play poker—not for money but for a pot of skills much more valuable: confidence, risk assessment, discipline, and strategic thinking. Today, we look for those who share the drive and dedication to help us continue to build the unique organization that is POKER POWHER.
POKER POWHER is seeking a Head of Marketing to help transform their business and develop and implement a B2C, go-to-market strategy. This person will be responsible for building and leading a marketing team with an entrepreneurial, high-growth, mission-driven organization. Wearing many hats, this individual will have a strong background in building integrated marketing strategies, with a heavy emphasis on developing digital channels through organic and paid media. The individual will also lead app/product launches, business growth, and customer engagement and retention efforts.
Are you ready to help us go all in? Can you combine startup hustle with analytical rigor? Can you collaborate with others to drive our female empowerment brand and product from concept to delivery?
You’ll be responsible for:
- Acting a as player-coach to lead and grow the POWER enterprise, focused initially on growing the POKER POWHER brand and product through content, digital, and creative channels.
- Ownership of the marketing strategy and execution for Poker Powher, including go-to-market, product/app launch strategies, messaging, campaigns, events, budget creation and metrics.
- Developing effective digital strategies, KPIs, tracking, and measurement to set and optimize marketing spend across campaigns and program execution.
- Being a product evangelist and enthusiastic spokesperson communicating with internal and external audiences and agencies to align on overall strategy and vision.
- Managing internal resources and external agencies to deliver against program goals.
You’ll gain load of experience in this role, but before you do, you should have:
- 10+ years of Marketing experience having led at least one entire product development cycle from concept to introduction.
- A Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications or related field.
- A self-starter mentality with the ability to roll up your sleeves and get things done.
- Experience working within a fast paced, startup environment with lean, cross-functional teams to define product strategy and roadmap, craft positioning, and define promotional activities.
- Experience launching products/applications through concept, beta, and execution, driving significant revenue growth through various monetization and engagement efforts.
- Strong team and project management skills enabling you to balance multiple deadlines to deliver campaign objectives.
- The ability to take initiative and ownership and effectively leverage resources to successful outcomes without constant direction.
- Powerful storytelling abilities; written, verbal, and visual.