Internal Communications Specialist
Internal Communications Specialist
The Internal Communications Specialist is responsible for developing and executing a comprehensive, multi-channel internal communications strategy to drive awareness, business performance, organizational culture and team member engagement.
Must be an effective communicator, strong collaborator and have the ability to influence and build our internal communications capabilities. This role involves fostering relationships across the organization to support different initiatives and leaders through the development of communication materials and strategies. The role also involves a significant amount of writing tailored to multiple audiences. The ideal candidate will be thoroughly familiar with a variety of communication tools, technologies, and processes and have a proven track record managing an editorial calendar, project plans, and supporting the development of an editorial strategy for traditional and digital channels. A key part of this role involves seeking out subject matter experts to ensure that information is current, accurate, and properly coordinated with other strategic initiatives.
- Manage Echo’s Glassdoor page: maintaining the company overview, benefit offerings, etc. and responding to anonymous employee reviews.
- Create a communication calendar for key corporate projects scheduled throughout the year, and execute as planned.
- Provide well-written, clear and consistent business communications on a number of topics, including leadership communication, meeting presentations, multimedia, scripts, key messages and talking points.
- Create Talent Management Program Guide for people leaders.
- Manage Echo’s internal social network, Workplace by Facebook by curating the weekly digest of trending posts and the monthly Workplace Tip post.
- Create social media strategy to increase Workplace by Facebook engagement.
- Work cross-functionally with IT team on communication of new releases, change management initiatives, and other corporate projects.
- Build strong partnership with marketing department to maintain consistent brand standards.
- Build a toolbox of templates for leaders to use in promotion, termination, role change, etc. communications.
- Manage the communication of all Echo workplace awards.
- Manage the communication of all Echo employee quarterly and annual awards.
- Partner with L&D team to create consistent communication plan for leaders and training participants for all current programs (GPS, LEAD).
- With direction from L&D team, develop and manage communication plan for new learning and development programs.
- Write promotional announcements & key departures, org wide change management communications and misc. companywide announcements.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or related field.
- 2-4 years of demonstrated experience in internal corporate communications, or in an agency serving corporate clients internal messaging.
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal, to effectively address and engage all levels within the organization, and communicate and articulate clear, effective messages that enhance and promote the mission, goals, and business objectives of the company.
- Ability to drive innovative internal communication strategies that engage employees across multiple platforms (Workplace, video, digital monitors, event postings, presentations, etc.).
- Previous experience with Workplace by Facebook a plus
- Ability to oversee and execute multiple projects simultaneously while working effectively under the pressure of last minute deadlines and changing priorities.
- Ability to work with confidential materials and quickly build trust among key stakeholders.
- Effectively handle pressures and demands from multiple customers and competing priorities.
- Detail-oriented, especially regarding validating clarity and accuracy of content/information.
- Must be results and outcome driven.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word and PowerPoint.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, identity, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.