Lead HR Communications and Marketing Specialist at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
The Lead HR Communications and Marketing Specialist will be responsible for internal marketing and communications to educate, drive engagement and improve utilization of the many great HR programs and benefits Discover offers its employees. This exciting new role will specifically manage the internal marketing strategy for career milestones (performance management, organizational updates), Total Rewards (benefits and compensation), employee recognition, learning and development, and more. This role will be responsible for supporting the strategy and leading the execution of the internal communication components by designing and executing creative and engaging content to support our employees throughout the moments that matter most in their careers as Discover employees.
The impact this Specialist will have is helping build employees’ connection to these programs and the role they play in their personal and professional lives. This Specialist will be focused on embedding key messages of our Discover employee value proposition (EVP) into the entire employee lifecycle. In addition to marketing these programs to employees, this individual will help build the framework to involve more of the 18,000+ Discover workforce as brand ambassadors internally sharing personal stories and building a stronger community of active and engaged employees in these programs.
- Maintain and continuously improve HR’s internal marketing strategy to ensure the HR Brand and employee value proposition (EVP) is recognized company-wide and reflected in internal marketing and communications.
- Manage timelines and project manage the campaign work serving as the key point to deliver the marketing to the organization.
- Utilize storytelling and other marketing tactics to create a compelling story about the programs’ purpose and connect that to employees’ needs.
- Create compelling HR marketing content (e.g., intranet articles, emails, videos, employee stories, digital advertisements, etc.) to be published and amplified across Discover’s internal communications channels.
- Leverage and test a variety of marketing tactics and approaches to reach target audience personas (e.g., new hires, call center agents, individual contributors, people leaders, etc.), drive their engagement with HR programs and benefits, and foster a connection with our EVP.
- Partner and collaborate with HR Centers of Excellence, HR Leadership, Corporate Communications and other business partners to execute campaigns and initiatives that contribute to Discover’s Talent Management and Total Rewards strategy and goals.
- Track, evaluate, and report on progress and effectiveness of marketing and communications efforts. (E.g. leverage data/sentiment analysis of employees to help guide the communication strategy and messaging.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business, Communications or related field
- 6 years of experience in marketing and branding, copywriting, communications, process/project management; HR industry knowledge
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Master's Degree in Marketing, Business, Communications or related field
- 8 years of experience in marketing and branding, copywriting, communications, process/project management; HR industry knowledge
#LI-JM1 #Remote #BI-Remote
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.