Manager, Strategy Execution & Portfolio Management at West Monroe Partners
Manager, Strategic Growth
222 W Adams St, 11th Floor
Chicago, Illinois, 60606
Manager, Corporate Strategy
West Monroe isn’t a start-up consulting firm, but we act like one.
From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? As a leader in the growing Strategic Growth function, the Strategy Manager will have the opportunity to translate the firmwide Strategy into actionable and quantitative plans, fulfilling our purpose to Build the Next Generation of Leaders, while impacting the firm’s aggressive growth goals.
Think you’re up to the challenge?
In this role, you will be responsible for working with firm leadership to rol l-out our long-term and annual Strategy. We are entering the 3rd year of our 3-year corporate plan. You could join us while we are formulating our next long-term strategic plan and own the rollout of that strategy. You’ll work with leadership and cross-functional teams to drive the successful execution of strategic plans and initiatives including project and change management. The ideal candidate will have 6-8 years of experience in consulting, strategic planning and project management. The right candidate will have proven process orientation, a passion for stakeholder and change management, outstanding written and verbal communication skills, and success managing priorities across a number of internal stakeholders and projects. He/she will have the opportunity to work closely with the Sr Managing Director of Strategic Growth and Executive Committee of West Monroe Partners while reporting into the Senior Manager of Strategic Growth.
Please note that this is an internal, strategy role within Shared Services
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
1. Translation and Implementation of Strategy
a. Understand the intent and outcome of firmwide strategy and developing executable roadmaps across the organization for achievement
b. Effectively cascades and implements strategy and initiatives properly aligned with the enterprise-wide priorities; Ensuring departmental/unit strategic planning projects reflect organizational strategic priorities
c. Defines a robust stakeholder approach to engage the business for an effective end-to-end strategy delivery model
d. Develop change management plans and coach leadership on creating and implementing effective organizational change plans
e. Work with communications and people tea ms to ensure effective communication strategies
f. Work with strategic initiative owners to ensure proper planning of strategic initiatives
2. Mobilization & Monitoring of Strategy
a. Mobilizes and manages through influence teams of individuals, in particular practices, office and shared services leads and operations teams, charged with executing strategies
b. Develops dashboards to monitor and report progress/execution of strategic plan
c. Acts as PMO across strategic initiatives
d. Escalates risks as necessary
e. Acts as a resource across an organization to increase broad cohesion for strategic plans
3. Strategy Design/Development
a. Collaborates within Strategy and Strategic Growth to identify opportunities for cross-functional synergies and strategic initiatives
b. Draws insights from execution/monitoring, gathers and analyzes internal data to contribute to the team’s recommendations
c. Support execution of firmwide strategy meetings and retreats
* Minimum 6-8 years of experience in consulting, strategic planning and project management experience in a professional services environment
* Bachelor’s Degree required (MBA preferred)
* Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills required. Solid Microsoft Office Word skills.
* Strong process and process execution skills
* Experience translating strategy to successful execution
* Leadership skills to lead teams by influence, activating others to e xecute and drive results by working across departments in matrixed environment
* Passion for change management, stakeholder management and relationship building
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Complex cross-functional project lead experience
* Ability to effectively work in group environment
* Strong work ethic with demonstrated initiative and persistence
* A positive, can-do attitude
* A high degree of independence and executive presence
* Strong communication skills with prior experience preparing and delivering executive level presentations
* High level of maturity in a highly visible role with access to confidential information
* Ability to travel 20-25% of the time
So, if you're looking for an opportunity to flex your Strategy muscles in a high-energy, team-oriented environment where you own your career, we'd love to hear from you.
Think you've got what it takes? Join our team and make us better.
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer -
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.