Marketing Analyst, Software
Morningstar is committed to helping investors meet their financial goals. One way we accomplish this is by offering independent research and great products to the financial community. We believe that when the investor wins, we all win.
Our Product Marketing team is critical to achieving this goal. We are looking for a Marketing Analyst for our Software Product Marketing team who is deeply passionate about using data to inform decisions to drive customer acquisition growth for our software business. This person can translate a myriad of marketing metrics into digestible and actionable insights for key stakeholders, including executives. You’ll own our reporting approach and manage operations between sales and marketing to optimize processes and outcomes. This role reports to the Senior Director of Marketing Operations and works closely with the Head of Product Marketing, Software.
• Develop business metrics and Tableau dashboards to monitor multi-channel marketing program performance;
• Assist in the design and structure of marketing campaigns by building models used to forecast campaign impact (e.g. lead generation, pipeline development);
• Recommend and implement campaign attribution models for closed-loop reporting;
• Collaborate with other marketing team members to build and assess lead-score models;
• Support increased analytical rigor on the business by establishing rhythm of delivering reports and insights gleaned from Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Eloqua, Salesforce and other available resources and databases;
• Manage back-end tracking of marketing channels that require additional analysis, e.g. Paid Search, Paid Social, partnerships with external media sites, etc.;
• Contribute to ad hoc projects and tasks as needed to support overall marketing efforts.
• Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience, including statistical modeling, reporting & analytics and financial forecasting.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Tableau required. Experience with SQL, R, Eloqua, Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Adobe Target, Adobe Experience Manager, and/or social media analytics platforms.
• Demonstrated ability to identify, create, and produce reports essential for day-to-day and long term strategic operations for marketing, sales, product and customer support.
• Ability to effectively communicate with all levels within Morningstar, distilling considerable amounts of data into actionable insights for strategic development. Ability to effectively prepare and deliver presentations to senior management, public groups, and/or internal customers.
• Self-starter and passion for “doing the impossible;” committed to testing, learning and iterating.
• Must be able to handle multiple, complex projects with several stakeholders simultaneously.
• Ability to work collaboratively and drive actions with other functional areas of the company.