Are you excited about uncovering new insights to drive change? Sprout Social is looking for a Marketing Analyst to extract, analyze and communicate customer data into actionable information for the marketing team. Your goal is to ensure we are making smart decisions and executing effectively against our strategy.
Our marketing team has helped us reach 25,000 customers worldwide including Evernote, Grubhub, Subaru and Edelman. These businesses rely on Sprout to create stronger relationships with their customers through social media. The recommendations you make will help to directly impact our customer growth.
This highly collaborative role has two primary focus areas: First, is data analysis, which entails interpreting complex data requests, retrieving the data utilizing SQL, visualizing the data in a way that helps the stakeholders utilize that data. The second is tracking, reporting, and analyzing the performance of Sprout Social’s multiple web properties and entire customer lifecycle. The candidate we’re looking for has a thorough understanding of data analyses to drive web optimization, the ability to run and analyze A/B tests using platforms like VWO, Maxymiser or Optimizely, and has skills in SQL, Python, Google Analytics and Salesforce.
- Strong skills in SQL, Google Analytics and Salesforce are required
- Experience working with large data sets, writing queries, structuring reports
- Knowledge of data warehousing tools such as Amazon Redshift
- Experience with testing platforms and website tracking tools like Maxymiser, VWO & Optimizely, Hotjar, Lucky Orange, Full Story a plus.
- Understanding of both qualitative and quantitative testing methodologies.
Within 1 month, you will...
- Complete Sprout’s New Hire training program alongside other new Sprout team members.
- Learn about our Marketing Tech stack and what tools you’ll be using on an ongoing basis.
- Be introduced to key stakeholders, Channel Owners, Sales Operations, Data Science teams and begin to understand gaps in data distribution and stakeholder needs.
- Understand Sprout infrastructure, warehouse and web properties as well proper process and procedure for utilizing web analysis and a data driven approach, which can in turn lead to optimization opportunities within our funnel.
- Understand business KPIs and potential secondary analysis opportunities to improve upon.
- Meet regularly with your manager to walk through Analytics current projects and road map.
Within 3 months, you will...
- Improve upon business KPI knowledge through multiple analysis tasks.
- Learn about specific metrics that Sales Operations and Data Science uses to report on a weekly, monthly or quarterly basis.
- Begin to develop weekly & monthly KPIs and ad-hoc reports in agreed upon time frames.
- Assist with maintaining analytics tags and pixel implementation utilizing Tag Management Solutions.
- Become acquainted with our funnel, data and revenue models and our ideal customer profile through various sources.
Within 6 months, you will...
- Own multiple projects related to site optimization and conversion.
- Improve upon existing data distribution channels and begin to build, maintain and deliver timely and relevant dashboards for Marketing stakeholders and beyond.
- Re-define current analytics processes in relation to Tag Management and ensure the accuracy of analytics implementation by validating data collected.
- Learn to implement and analyze A/B or multivariate tests in coordination with the Director of Brand Creative.
- Be comfortable working cross-functionally, providing insights and improvements to our website, analytics properties or Marketing Tech stack.
Within 12 months, you will...
- Create and automate holistic and quantitative dashboards and reports from different data sources to provide Channel Owners and Senior Management Team with data insights to support decision-making process.
- Perform monthly deep dive analysis into consumer behavior on the site, ranging from pathing to funnel analysis, to identify pain points and the strongest opportunities for growth within the online experience and share results.
- Deliver data-driven insights that lead to increased web and mobile site conversions and communicate results effectively by telling the story behind the data.
- Be able to diagnose and solve errors across multiple web properties and systems.
- Improve working knowledge of full funnel reporting, coordinating with Marketing Leaders, Sales Operations, Data Science and Success Teams to improve KPIs/tracking.
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success.
Team Sprout is a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We’re proud to regularly be recognized for software, product and company culture achievements. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including generous company contributions
- Progressive benefit programs, like our parental leave program and free Divvy bike memberships
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment - your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability and life insurance
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and financial well-being of our team
- Breakfast and lunch options onsite, and more healthy snack options and beverages than you can imagine
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
Sprout Social is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here (1) Equal Opportunity Employment Poster (2) Sprout Social's Affirmative Action Statement (3) Pay Transparency Statement.
Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law. We value the things that make us different and want to see how you can make our team better!