Marketing Analytics Manager (Contract to hire) at Clearcover
Who is Clearcover?
Clearcover is the smarter car insurance company. We use powerful technology to offer everyday drivers better coverage for less money. We’re proud to be one of the fastest growing startups in Chicago, and we’re currently looking to add a few more extraordinary people to our team.
What is a Marketing Analytics Manager
A Marketing Analytics Manager is someone that has a passion for data, numbers and metrics that will help influence marketing decisions that drive overall company growth. This person will thrive creating environments where data can be accessible and visualized in real-time starting at the Top of the Marketing Funnel (TOF) all the way to the Bottom of the Funnel (BOF) / closed policies. This individual will assist marketing team members across channels such as Paid Search, Paid Social, Programmatic/Display, Leads, and Email with their individual Marketing funnels. Ultimately, the work will help draw key insights that will help to influence decisions.
You should have a good understanding of the Marketing Funnel (top, middle, bottom). You’ll need to be a team player with strong analytical skills, strong presentation and communication skills and experience with mainstream BI tools such as Tableau, Looker, and Google Analytics.
We are looking for someone who is very creative and driven to constantly improve on the status quo, has a proven track record of building or has been a part of a successful BI program.
What will you do?
- Work under the direction of the Vice President of Acquisition Marketing.
- Deliver front-end reporting with Business Intelligence suites (such as Google Search Console, Tableau, Looker).
- Generate weekly and monthly reports with market trends past and present.
- Design new data collection models to better collect information.
- Analyze data to determine problem areas in Marketing Demand Gen processes.
- Identify ways to improve and streamline Marketing Operations and data flows by automating data gathering and report building processes.
- Curate data within the Marketing department—standardize the data repository, build departmental and line dashboards that are easily accessible, visually appealing.
- Manage and implement tracking standardization (i.e. Google Tag Manager)
- Work with marketing teams members to create individual dashboards.
- Assist in budgeting process and help line managers track spending (+/-) to ensure we are maximizing and optimizing spend.
- Build cost tracking into dashboards that provide near real-time information on expenses against new business.
- Help build a measurement strategy around upper funnel media investment inclusive of organic performance.
What are our required skills?
- Experience working in a BI role.
- Experience and knowledge of BI tools such as Tableau and Looker.
- Advanced SQL ability (2-5 years) necessary for discovering, manipulating and exporting data to support external data requests.
- Ability to partner with channel leads to incorporate storytelling and compelling narrative into visual design.
- Excellent verbal, written, listening and presentation skills.
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams, partners, and agencies.
- Problem solver, detail oriented.
- Energy, drive, an appetite to learn, and willingness to work hard.
- Ability to collaborate closely with others in a fast-paced team environment under tight deadlines.
- Insurance experience is a plus, but not required.
What are our must haves?
- A builder. You have demonstrated experience building analytical views to increase efficiency and provide visibility into the effectiveness of our Marketing spend.
- Highly analytical. As a data-driven individual, you enjoy digging into data to monitor and measure performance and further optimize campaigns. You get excited by moving the needle by fractions of percentages.
- Highly organized. You thrive in well-organized, highly transparent and process-driven environments.
- Hands-on and a self-starter. You have the ability to lead and drive initiatives with creativity, passion and little oversight – the persistence and tenacity to break down barriers while also bringing people together towards a common goal.
- Creative. You dream big and then adjust for the realities of today, balancing long-term vision with driving short-term results.
- Great communication skills. You have the ability to ask the right questions, get full details, and explain needs and requirements.
- Flexible. You have the ability to work amidst ambiguity and adapt as we grow and expand.
- Growth mindset. You’re driven to improve performance through continued learning.
What's in it for you?
- Unlimited vacation; we hire adults
- Equity for all employees, so you own a piece of the pie, too
- Dental and Vision, we've got you covered 100%
- Medical, we cover the vast majority of your premiums to make the cost of you and your family's coverage affordable. Plus, we contribute to your HSA and HRA (cha-ching)
- We invest in your future by contributing 3% of your salary to a 401(K), even if you don't
- Come to work pre-taxed through our FSA commuter benefits
Clearcover is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.