The Group: Marketing and Communications creates integrated communications and campaigns that aim to make the Morningstar brand tribal. Consisting of marketing managers, designers, writers, corporate communications professionals, digital strategists, behavioral scientists, and more, this collaborative team serves our marketing needs across our business. We are data-driven experimenters who work to deliver the right messages to the right people at the right time. We also drive demand by developing go-to-market strategies for Morningstar products. The team works globally to maintain a consistent brand experience everywhere Morningstar serves investors.
Morningstar is committed to helping investors meet their financial goals. One way we accomplish this is by offering independent research and great products to the financial community. We believe that when the investor wins, we all win.
The Role: Key to our success is our ability to engage with prospects and clients through the buyer’s journey, crafting sophisticated integrated marketing campaigns that leverage our marketing automation and CRM platforms and deliver content to buyers where they want it, when they want it. In order to deliver operational excellence for marketing automation, we are seeking a Marketing Automation Specialist to manage all aspects of campaign workflow within our instance of Eloqua.
As the Marketing Automation Specialists, you will be responsible for designing and building campaigns that deliver the right content to the right prospects based on the buyer journeys and messaging maps created by Product Marketing & Lead Generation Campaign Managers. This role reports to the Director of Marketing Technology.
- Performs all technical tasks to build integrated campaigns utilizing our marketing technology stack, including building emails, forms, landing pages, and developing workflow rules.
- Strong technical background with ability to clearly communicate and translate business goals
- Works closely with Lead Generation Campaign Managers to map appropriate content, assets, and promotions needed by channel to engage specific audiences based on Morningstar's target profiles.
- Creates segments for marketing campaigns based on criteria defined by our buyer personas.
- Promotes data integrity best practices for maintaining a healthy contact database.
- Works with marketing analysts to review campaign metrics and provides regular updates on performance to broader marketing team.
- Optimizes for conversion by continuously improving and learning from tests.
- Develops an understanding of the full customer lifecycle and sales process and how marketing contributes to it, and frequently works with sales to promote accurate lifecycle process.
- Documents and communicates best practices for integrated marketing programs across the organization, including recommendations on where improvements can be made.
- Functions as gatekeeper for campaign scheduling.
- 3+ years of hands-on marketing automation experience, ideally in a global multi-buyer, multi-product firm. Eloqua certification preferred but equivalent experience with a similar platform will be given equal consideration.
- Proven ability to translate business goals & requirements into well-designed campaigns.
- Skilled in A/B testing to drive conversion optimization.
- Skilled in problem solving and project management. Experience with agile planning a plus.
- Self-starter and passion for “doing the impossible;” committed to driving operational excellence.
- Must be data-driven and understand how to translate marketing metrics into action.
- Meticulous attention to detail, process-improvement mindset.
- Creative eye for our brand and Morningstar voice.
- Ability to balance priorities across multiple projects with multiple stakeholders.