Morningstar’s mission is to create great products that help investors achieve their financial goals. For the Workplace group, that means creating products and solutions that put individuals on the path to better retirement outcomes and for employers to maximize the value of their workplace retirement plans. Workplace is a high-growth area for Morningstar and houses a diverse suite of technology and investment-based solutions. Our unique client base comprises retirement plan providers, sponsors, consultants, and retirement plan advisors. By constantly evolving our solutions and solving our client's problems, we are well-positioned to help individuals achieve a better retirement. The workplace marketing and design team is critical to achieving this mission and bringing this mission to life.
In this role you’ll be responsible for working with our marketing content strategist to develop marketing and user engagement content, as well as supporting our design group with UX copy (user interface content for our digital products). Although the primary focus of this position is supporting our content initiatives, you will also be involved in working with other team members on various marketing strategies and the creative direction of the marketing department. This role will report to the head of Workplace marketing and is based in Chicago.
• Write content for a range of marketing collateral, including one sheets, brochures, emails, FAQs, and presentations
• Work with our engagement and adoption team to support their outreach efforts to users of our services
• Collaborate with marketing, UX design, sales, and product stakeholders to develop and refine marketing collateral and product messaging
• Work with our UX design group to create content for our software interfaces/apps
• Become familiar with the workplace retirement plan industry and the products and services offered by the Workplace department of Morningstar Investment Management
• Develop a knowledge of basic retirement planning concepts to help you write communications and materials for users of our robo-advice solution
• Work closely with the compliance team to produce content in line with regulatory and legal standards
• Proofread and edit content created by the marketing, research, and product teams
• A bachelor’s degree is required
• A degree in journalism, English, communications or experience with writing for B2B products is a plus
• 1-3 years of relevant writing experience
• Excellent writing and communications skills
• Familiarity with AP Style
• Willingness to learn on the job, particularly about basic retirement planning concepts and the retirement plan industry
• Self-starter able to set deadlines and manage work efficiently
• Fast learner, flexible and proven ability to work in a demanding environment with strong multi-tasking skills
• Excellent attention to detail
Please include writing samples.