Marketing Copywriter at Everspring
Our Marketing team is the voice of our university partner online programs. This is a team of visual thinkers, creative collaborators, storytellers and scrappy problem-solvers, each of whom is a champion for our partners and their students. We're a passionate, high-performing team that delivers impactful and interesting educational products and services to our customers.
The copywriter will be responsible for developing marketing and editorial content that supports new and existing brand efforts, including blog posts, direct mailers, email campaigns, microsites and landing pages, admissions documents, social media content, posters, print and digital advertising campaigns, and sales presentations for our university partners.
We're looking for someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to meet tight deadlines and pivot seamlessly between partners and project types. Plus, this individual should be able to proactively collaborate with all project stakeholders, taking initiative to start conversations, explore concepts and gather facts as needed to execute on-target end products.
This role will report to the senior copywriter and will partner with other members of the creative and larger marketing team. Candidates for this role should have at least 2-3 years of professional marketing and copywriting experience, with proven command of long and short-form copy, preferably with a focus on creating business-to-consumer content.
This role is based in Chicago, IL. Portfolio with relevant writing samples required.
- Develop effective copy that aligns with marketing strategy to support lead generation, nurturing and conversion across marketing mediums (website, emails, advertorial, campaigns, admissions support materials, blog articles, social channels, etc.)
- Establish understanding of Everspring university partners and their respective programs, markets, target customers and competitive advantages
- Maintain a consistent track record of developing copy that is well received by clients
- Help update and maintain brand style guides, tone and positioning
- Propose, create and implement new projects that help improve funnel conversion rates
- Become proficient in project management software and take ownership of status updates on all assigned projects
- Perform other duties, as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, English or related field
- At least 2-3 years professional experience in copywriting and content creation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable delivering internal and client presentations
- Proficiency in AP Style
- Advanced copywriting and editing capabilities
- Must have strong attention to detail, including consistency in style and tone across brands
- Demonstrate personal initiative and the ability to self-start upcoming projects
- Work collaboratively with interdisciplinary teams, including those in content development, design, acquisitions, learning and instructional design, admissions, client engagement and technology
- Ability to interpret feedback from partners, quality assurance analysts and marketing peers and execute accordingly, providing thoughtful deliverables that are on-target with project goals
- Demonstrate a strong portfolio that provides effective, brand aligned copywriting across multiple mediums
- Manage project timelines in a way that allows for necessary research and/or interviews before executing content development
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet tight deadlines, pivoting as needed in response to changing priorities
- Strong time management skills and the ability to track your own schedule of deliverables
Everspring is a leading provider of education technology and services solutions for higher education. Our advanced technology, proven marketing approach, and robust faculty support and instructional design services deliver outstanding outcomes for our university partners, powering their success online. Everspring offers a range of full-service turnkey solutions, as well as standalone fee-for-service offerings, and innovative self-service products that enable universities to establish themselves as leaders in the digital delivery of higher education.
Based in Chicago and recently named one of the "Best Places to Work", Everspring serves a growing number of colleges and universities, nationwide.
In the spirit of caring for one another and our community, please note that upon accepting an offer of employment from Everspring, you will be required to share proof of a Covid-19 vaccination.
Everspring is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Everspring makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.