Marketing Data Analyst at Reverb
Reverb is the largest online marketplace dedicated to buying and selling new, used, and vintage musical instruments. Since launching in 2013, Reverb has grown into a vibrant community of buyers and sellers all over the world. By focusing on inspiring content, price transparency, musician-focused eCommerce tools, a music-savvy customer service team, and more, Reverb has created an online destination where the global music community can connect over the perfect piece of music gear.
Our core belief is that music makes the world a better place. Through Reverb Gives, a portion of every sale provides youth music education programs across the world with instruments they need to make music.
As a Marketing Data Analyst, you’ll work closely with our in-house marketing and growth teams as a trusted adviser to analyze the performance of marketing channels and campaigns. Our ideal candidate is driven by understanding customer behavior and is passionate about contributing to the development of marketing strategies, which are informed by data and focused on outcomes. In this role, you’ll surface insights to improve customer acquisition and retention for both sides of Reverb’s marketplace. You’ll create testing frameworks and reporting partnering with the MarTech and Data Engineering teams. You will collaborate with the wider Analytics team on user segmentation, advanced analysis, and attribution.
- Build marketing reporting and analytics, collaborating closely with Performance, Retention, and Product Marketing partners
- Design, analyze, and uncover insights from A/B tests and other marketing experiments using the appropriate statistical techniques.
- Partner on campaign optimization, testing, and the day-to-day performance of campaigns across paid search, paid social, email, online video, social media, product marketing, and more.
- Build self-service dashboards for important metrics so that marketing team members can perform repeatable analyses themselves
- Explore Reverb’s marketing data, uncovering new insights and opportunities to test messaging, tactics and additional channels
- Proven ability in an analytics role, with ecommerce, B2C, ad agency, or marketplace experience a plus
- Proficiency in using SQL and desire to grow skill set for solving business problems using BI tools like Tableau, Looker, or Chartio
- Ability to build actionable reporting for large teams with multiple partners.
- Familiarity with statistical tests used to measure the incremental impact of Marketing activities, such as email campaigns, promotions / discounts, and paid media campaigns.
- Ability to communicate and present insights to a range of internal partners, including the CMO, Marketing Managers, and other Analysts.
- Experience using marketings analytics tools including Google Analytics, Amplitude, Braze, or similar.
- Understanding of Marketing concepts and Key Performance Indicators from different channels using products such as Google Adwords, Facebook Ads, or similar.
- Familiarity with marketing attribution models and tools a plus
Reverb offers compensation packages that include base, bonus, and equity in the form of Etsy restricted stock units. Some of our key 2021 benefits include:
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and their eligible dependents (you read it right: no premiums!)
- Life, AD&D, and supplemental long-and short-term disability insurance
- Matching 401(k)
- A generous vacation policy, plus unlimited sick and mental health days
- 18 weeks of gender-neutral parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child
- 12 weeks of fully-paid family leave
- Up to $7,500 reimbursement of adoption-related expenses
- Ways to give back to you community through a charitable contribution match and volunteer time off
At Reverb, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant and resilient company. We encourage people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Reverb is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
We know that the impostor syndrome and confidence gap are real. Please do not hesitate to apply!
This is a local position in Chicago. Please, no remote workers or recruiters.