About G2 - Our People
G2 was founded to create a place where people will love to work. We strive to create meaning in work and provide more than just a job: a true calling. At the heart of our community and culture are our people. Our global G2 team comes from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, and that’s what makes our G2 community strong and vibrant. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves to work, and we do this through our company and team events, our G2 Gives charitable initiatives, and our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs).
Our employee-led, leadership-supported ERGs celebrate the diversity of our team, foster inclusivity and belonging, and create a space to connect to each other. Through connections and understanding, we build a stronger and more dynamic global team and help every person reach their personal peak.
Due to Covid, G2 is currently operating fully remote until it is safe to return to the office.
About G2 - The Company
When you join G2, you join the global team behind the largest and most trusted software marketplace. Every month, 6 million people come to G2 to inform smarter software decisions based on honest peer reviews. Authenticity is our focus, and every day we help thousands of companies, and hundreds of employees, propel their potential. Ready for meaningful work that starts and ends with compassion and heart? You’ve come to the right place.
About the Role
G2 is seeking an inquisitive and creative Data Analyst to help uncover valuable insights from the 2 million users of g2.com. Working within our User Lifecycle team, you will help the team tap into key insights by building dashboards, performing analysis and otherwise enabling the team to pursue high-value reviews across 1,500 software categories.
This team is directly engaged in G2’s business development, and actively working to acquire, retain and engage buyers and reviewers to continue building the G2 community. Our efforts include sending ~2.8 million emails per month to 1.5 million users, and a robust testing schedule which this role will influence directly. This person will achieve results by combining their unique storytelling and data-wrangling skills in a collaborative team environment as we scale our reviews 2x and our user base in kind.
In this role you will:
- Inform G2's review collection strategy and provide research for the 8-person User Lifecycle team by analyzing G2’s rich datasets of software users, reviewers and buyers.
- Use BI tools (Looker) to create accurate, timely and informative datasets and visualizations and support teammates ability to access and analyze the data themselves
- You will explore the user journey using our digital analytics and customer data platforms (Amplitude, Google Analytics, Segment)
- Discuss your analysis with the User Lifecycle team, tell the story you found in the data and help the team engage with the data
- You will support our data-driven discovery projects, drawing answers for our collection of technology reviews, software listings and marketplace data
- You will assist the review-generation team with data analysis requests
We realize applying for jobs can feel daunting at times. Even if you don’t check all the boxes in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway.
- 1 or more years experience in roles with data analysis - preferably with experience in marketing or in the software industry
- Ability to use data to illustrate and support your conclusions
- You can tell as story with data convey analytical findings in writing and verbally and respond to questions from leaders and peers
- You understand how G2's review generation strategy impacts your analytical work
What can help your application stand out:
- Familiarity with Postgres and SQL databases
- Experience designing dashboards
Our Commitment to Inclusivity and Diversity
At G2, we are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment where people of every background can thrive and feel welcome. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, or marital, veteran, or physical or mental disability status.
Learn more about our commitments here http://culture.g2.com/commitments