Marketing Database Manager at Morningstar
The Marketing Database Manager position sits within Morningstar’s Marketing group and will help drive adoption and use of data-driven marketing intelligence to support highly targeted customer acquisition, cross-selling, segmentation and retention initiatives.
This role will be responsible for implementing and advancing our customer and marketing data strategy, working with IT and business partners to ensure our databases are aligned to support best practices in lead generation, segmentation and reporting and analytics. You will interact with multiple mission-critical marketing systems, perform data analyses, identify areas for correction and refinement, and report on data quality and improvement. As the Marketing Database Manager, you will work closely with cross-organizational stakeholders to drive marketing actions enabled by data and analytics. You will also own the ongoing marketing data and systems management efforts for the Global marketing organization- determining operational requirements/needs and constructing data-related processes. This work will include project management, review, research, and implementation of a data quality and governance strategy within our marketing database systems.
• Liaison with our internal IT team and marketing database vendors to ensure that our systems support our marketing and audience objectives
• Identify and manage data enhancement Initiatives
• Primary business owner for customer database performance and data quality control
• Identify tools, processes, and systems to further organizations data governance initiative.
• Ensure forms and inputs map to standard values
• Provide counsel in determining database system structure, flow, output and storage.
• Act as a major stakeholder in developing the vision and action plan that delivers data-driven, personalized customer experiences.
• 5+ years of experience managing marketing, CRM or customer databases-preferably within large global organizations working closely with the CRM/Marketing organization.
• Solid knowledge of relational database concepts and SQL programming.
• Ability to effectively interface with senior management
• Excellent business judgment and ability to recognize business implications of data.
• Excellent project and time management skills with an ability to set and maintain priorities in a multi-task environment.
• Must have effective oral and written skills, including ability to effectively communicate challenging or technical concepts.
• Requires a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent job experience.