The Morningstar Indexes Team leverages its expertise in equity research, manager research, asset allocation, and portfolio construction to create innovative investment solutions. It uses Morningstar’s intellectual property to create indexes that empower investors to achieve their goals at every stage of the investment process—market monitoring, benchmarking, and asset allocation. The unit offers a broad suite of global equity, bond, commodity and asset allocation indexes.
Morningstar Indexes is looking for a marketing director who will be responsible for defining, creating, and executing a global strategic marketing roadmap. The marketing director will define, build, and implement all index related branding, communication, media, and public relations strategies to enhance the Indexes business reputation and image across industry and further differentiate the business from its peers. In addition to working on the strategic marketing initiatives, the marketing director will work closely with the Product Management function in the definition and implementation of all client-related marketing activities. This position requires a mix of content creation experience, digital media proficiency, and product marketing skills with an understanding of investment products and the asset management industry.
• Work with internal stakeholders to define, build, and implement branding, communication, media, and public relations strategies
• Successfully manage all aspects of Indexes’ marketing lifecycle from planning to creative development and execution.
• Work closely with thought leaders from across the organization to develop a range of product content ranging from one-page sales ideas to longer-form articles or brochures that are engaging and relevant to the end client
• Work closely with the PM function to support the successful of new index offerings and client product launches
• Lead creation of product marketing materials bound for markets across the globe including online, social media, email, point of purchase, mobile, video, print and in-person deliverables
• Manage the Indexes events calendar and coordinate closely with relevant teams including product management, sales, new product development
• Seven years of experience in a product marketing/communications role
• Proven track record developing and implementing marketing programs/roadmaps
• Confident self-starter with leadership experience and potential
• Strong written/oral communication and project management skills
• Able to manage multiple projects at a time, across multiple products and platforms across time zones while maintaining a commitment to excellence
• Excellent people skills to interact with colleagues, cross-functional teams, and clients
• Experience with demand generation tools i.e. Eloqua, Marketo, or others and in a B2B demand generation environment
• Thrives in a team-based, data-driven culture
• Experience with SalesForce.com (administration) is preferred
• Digital marketing or social media experience or certifications a plus