Upwork ($UPWK) is the world's largest freelancing website. Each year $1.7 billion of work happens through Upwork, allowing businesses to get more done and helping professionals break free of traditional time and place boundaries and work anytime, anywhere on projects they love. At Upwork, you'll help build on this momentum. Together, we'll create economic and social value on a global scale, providing a trusted online workplace for businesses to connect with extraordinary talent and work without limits.
Upwork’s Enterprise Marketing team is seeking a motivated, creative, and highly organized Marketing Coordinator to support events and related programs. In this role, you will be instrumental in planning and facilitating external and client-facing events and experiences. These range from onsite workshops to client dinners to regional half-day summits. You will provide on-the-ground event coordination and support, as well as pre- and post- event management of vendors, swag, and custom collateral.
We are evolving the way our events run and are open to trying new things. This is a great opportunity for you to get real hands-on experience and make an impact.
- Work in close partnership with the sales and marketing teams to execute on our event and enterprise marketing strategy
- Assist with planning and coordination of events for conferences, trade shows, workshops, and client on-site events
- Serve as the marketing point-of-contact on-site at all client events handling shipping, setup, run of show, and tear down
- Research marketing trends and new practices to integrate into future events to continually raise the bar and increase engagement
- Manage and develop our tradeshow booth properties, collateral, and promotional give-aways
- Serve as a liaison with our external vendors to ensure high-quality and timely execution of marketing programs
- Execute collection and distribution of leads at events, working closely with sales and marketing team members to prepare leads for our CRM system and reporting
- Collaborate with the Creative Team to create and elevate campaign assets through the production of templates, copy, and visuals
- Assist in the coordination of securing event speakers and logistics pre-and-post event
What it takes to catch our eye:
- Superior organizational skills, attention to detail and an ability to anticipate needs
- Ability to work and thrive in a diverse environment and open to learning from your daily interactions
- 1-3+ years of marketing experience preferred
- Willingness to travel several times a year
How to really knock our socks off:
- Strong work ethic—willing to roll up sleeves and chip in, regardless of the task
- Experience working under tight deadlines and a fast-paced environment
- Quick to adapt and think on your feet to troubleshoot and problem solve as needed
- High energy with an outgoing, social personality—you love talking to people, building partnerships, and managing relationships
- Proficiency with SFDC, Marketo, and Google Suite a plus
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork you’ll help shape the future of work. From our offices in San Francisco, Mountain View and Chicago, together we’re creating exciting new opportunities for a world of professionals. You’ll be part of a vibrant culture built on shared values: Inspire a boundless future of work, Put our community first, Have a bias towards action, and Build amazing teams. Along the way you’ll have fun and enjoy the perks of a people-first company: Work from Home Wednesday's, daily breakfast and lunch, regular in-office happy hours, top-notch benefits … and more. Check out Upwork’s spotlight on The Muse for a glimpse of our daily work/life balance.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.