Marketing Manager, Individual Investor
The team is responsible for all marketing planning and execution across the Individual Investor product portfolio—Morningstar.com, Morningstar Premium, Newsletters, MIRC and new products—in addition to supporting the Audience Sales (Advertising Sales) team. This role is within the Individual Investor team but will collaborate closely with others in marketing to build a broader analytics practice.
You will elevate and push the boundaries of analytical rigor within our marketing efforts. This includes but isn’t limited to further accelerating our adoption of digital marketing and its accompanying analysis, both to measure performance and mine customer data to define ongoing optimizations and opportunities. You will own our reporting approach and manage operations in support of establishing campaigns and evaluating marketing effectiveness.
• Develop business metrics and dashboards to monitor ongoing marketing program performance.
• Assist in the design and structure of marketing campaigns by building models used to forecast campaign impact.
• Recommend and implement campaign attribution for closed-loop reporting.
• Collaborate with other team members to build and assess lead-score models.
• Develop and maintain Customer Lifetime Value models.
• Support increased analytical rigor on the business by establishing rhythm of delivering reports and insights gleaned from Adobe Analytics, MDL, and other available resources and databases.
• Manage back-end tracking of Paid Search, Display and Direct Mail campaigns.
• Contribute to ad hoc projects and tasks as needed to support overall marketing efforts.
• Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience, including statistical modeling, reporting & analytics and financial forecasting.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel required. Experience with Tableau Desktop, SQL, Eloqua, Adobe Analytics, Adobe Target, Adobe Experience Manager, and SendGrid a plus.
• Demonstrated ability to identify, create, and produce reports essential for day-to-day and long term strategic operations.
• Possess good judgment, decision making and leadership qualities; be able to effectively communicate with all levels. Ability to effectively prepare presentation information for senior management, public groups, and/or internal customers.
• Individual must be able to handle multiple, complex projects
• Ability to work collaboratively with other functional areas of the company