Marketing Manager, Talent & Culture
Morningstar brings people together with a singular goal in mind—to build software that users love. From individual investors to portfolio managers—we live to create transparency, always focused on bringing clarity to complexity and creating tools that support millions of investors in ways that excite, inform and create long-term success. Our people have helped millions of investors around the world by thinking independently, by being passionate entrepreneurs applying research insights to data and building software that helps investors succeed.
We want great people who are curious, who love to share new ideas and perspectives and who are exceptional at every turn. It’s that simple. We’re looking for a Marketing Manager to join our energetic Talent & Culture team and help us develop immersive experiences across a variety of mediums. The Talent & Culture team is made up of a diverse group dedicated to building an exceptional employee experience inside and outside of Morningstar that connects to our mission and amplifies our talent brand everywhere we do business. We’re looking for a passionate, creative and analytical marketer who loves to apply new ideas and deliver modern marketing programs that drive results.
The Marketing Manager supports and drives Morningstar’s employee engagement strategy, including: growing our talent brand, positioning Morningstar as an employer of choice and nurturing an experience for our employees that reflects Morningstar’s vibrant and inclusive culture.
This role reports to the head of marketing and brand for Talent & Culture and is based in our Chicago, IL headquarters.
You will be responsible for leading and delivering programs that:
• Evolve Morningstar’s Employee Value Proposition (EVP) and activate throughout the organization
• Develop and deliver employee experience and marketing strategy through a programmatic approach
• Cultivate and extend the talent brand through social and experiential channels to tell the story of our culture and promote Morningstar as a great place to work
• Amplify our talent brand through internal and external channels to drive attraction, engagement and retention
• Contribute to talent brand and cultural social media channels (e.g. Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.)
• Project manage employee experience programs across total rewards, learning, culture, recruiting, transformation
• Manage budget tracking for employee programming and marketing investments connected to KPIs and core metrics
• Build a strong understanding of the competitive landscape and how innovation trends affect culture and talent especially around building and developing a modern employee experience.
• Support the development and delivery of inclusion programming intended to deepen employee engagement and drive productivity through common connections and an inclusive work environment
• Demonstrate value by establishing metrics and regularly reporting on the impact of all employee experience and marketing programs and efforts
• Build strong partnerships through influence and collaboration with key stakeholders across marketing, design, communications, product, facilities and technology
Key Requirements to be considered:
• Bachelor’s degree in business, Marketing, Finance, English or journalism. MBA or advanced degree preferred.
• 7-10 years of marketing or business experience in financial services, investment management, technology, consulting or consumer products with in-depth exposure to digital content strategy, communications, marketing, project management
• Demonstrated experience articulating a vision, translating it into executable strategy and driving cross-functional teams to deliver against the plan
• Skilled in translating external and internal trends into innovative and creative practices
• Possess a deep understanding of technology and/or financial industries
• Passion for driving diversity and inclusion practices as a cultural competitive advantage
• Exceptional communication skills (verbal, written and presentation) exhibited at all levels within an organization
• Skilled at using data and analytics to develop insights, drive decisions and measure impact
• Stellar project management skills with exceptional attention to detail and discipline to organize and prioritize
• Keen ability to transform, align and inspire during times of change in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent technical skills and experience with modern marketing platforms such as Adobe Creative Suite, CMS, Eloqua platforms
To be successful in this role, you’ll need:
• Strategic Mindset: Sees the big picture, constantly imagines future scenarios and creates strategies to sustain competitive advantage
• Inclusive: Seeks to understand different perspectives and contributes to a work environment where differences are valued and supported
• People Focus: Builds strong relationships and develops employee-focused or advocacy solutions
• Resourcefulness: Marshals resources (people, funding, materials, support) to get things done, orchestrates multiple activities simultaneously to accomplish a goal and gets the most out of limited resources
• Builds Networks: Builds strong networks across a variety of functions and locations and draws upon multiple relationships exchange ideas and drive delivery of strategy in support of programming
Qualities and characteristics, you will bring:
• Motivation: an inner drive and fierce commitment to excel in the pursuit of goals that deliver outcomes
• Curiosity: a penchant for seeking out new experiences, knowledge and candid feedback and an openness to learning and change
• Insight: the ability to gather and make sense of information that suggests new possibilities
• Engagement: a knack for authentically using emotion and logic to communicate a persuasive vision and connect with people
• Determination: the wherewithal to fight for difficult goals and bounce back from adversity in the face of challenges
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.
001_MstarInc Morningstar Inc. Legal Entity