Marketing Manager, Value
Marketing Manager - Value
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the food service industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us. Today, we are growing with velocity and are focused on modernizing our experiences, not to make a different McDonald’s but to build a better McDonald’s.
We are a people business just as much as we are a restaurant business. We strive to be the most inclusive brand on the planet by building diverse teams who create delicious, feel good moments that are easy for everyone to enjoy. Joining McDonald's means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world.
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From bold recycling initiatives and sustainable sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we see every day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
Our new, state-of-the art headquarters is located in the booming West Loop area in the heart of downtown Chicago. It is set up to be a global hub that cultivates innovation: take a class at Hamburger University, sample future menu items in our Test Kitchen, and utilize the latest technology to stay in touch with your team around the globe. With monthly organized events, massive outdoor spaces, an 8000 square foot gym, and an onsite McDonald's serving international favorites, our office helps us connect with each other like never before. Needless to say, you’ll be lovin’ it here
Part of the team is focused on building Value strategies for short and long term to drive business growth against defined critical metrics, in partnership with Finance teams. This team will help build a concept pipeline for national and local activation across the brand. They will own the advertised sales testing process, including operator and co-op alignment for a sub-set of value and deal tests. The team will also strive to attain and maintain a stronger operator alignment for the approaches, including through Value Committee and internal teams.
- In addition to following McDonald’s policies and procedures, principal accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- You are responsible for working various McDonald’s department’s teams to build concepts, deploy and test specific “Value” and “Deal” test concepts to craft a pipeline and drive growth.
· You will supply to the creation of concept innovation, development, operations, testing and business case building of "Value" improvements and evolution for Value initiatives in the short term.
· You are capable of leading advertised sales test process for a sub-set of value/deal concepts including co-op approvals; partners with cross functional team for test planning & deployment.
· You will manage, identify & source industry, competitive, and brand intelligence that can help inspire successful paths forward for value & deal initiatives at McDonalds.
· You will also chip in to the long term strategic vision (1-3 years) for Value/Deal strategies.
· Responsible for presentation materials for owner operator groups (i.e. Value Committee & co-op meetings) and internal teams.
· Partners collaboratively with the Extended Value Team.
· Maintains considerate and positive relationships with peers, expansive of owner/operators.
- You possess excellent analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Are you able to communicate and present across peers and Sr. Leaders?
- Do you know how to project manage and also partner with vendors?
- Are you capable of comprehending and analyzing customer data?
- Are you able to cross collaborate with all multiple departments?
- Do you have the ability to make decision and be decisive
- Can you lead with influence and be impactful with you data and presentations?
- Ability to use resources as needed.
- Your Marketing and communication talents are on point.
- Appropriately networking across the organization as needed.
- BA/BS degree in Business, Marketing, Communication or related field; MBA or equivalent degree preferred.
- 7+ years of experience in marketing, strategy or digital focused roles.
- Strategic thinker / Strong communicator with ability to adjust communication style across levels and groups.
- Comfortable with numbers and analysis of important campaign metrics.