Marketing Manager at Morningstar
Morningstar’s mission is to create great products that help investors reach their financial goals. For the Workplace group, that means developing products and solutions that help individuals achieve better retirement outcomes and for employers to maximize the value of their workplace retirement benefits. The workplace marketing team is critical to achieving this goal. We are looking for a marketing manager to help develop innovative and cutting-edge engagement, sales, and adoption strategies for our managed retirement accounts solution. Managed accounts is our flagship online solution that helps individuals achieve better retirement outcomes by helping them create personalized retirement and investment strategies for their workplace retirement accounts.
In this role, the marketing manager will work with a tactical sales and enrollment team to help increase adoption of our managed accounts service by driving enrollment, engagement, and sales among select companies (plan sponsors) in certain regions of the country that offer our managed account service or have access to it through their recordkeeper. More specifically, the marketing manager will be tasked with working directly these companies and our sales/enrollment teams to develop and curate digital enrollment campaigns, roll them out, and iterate on them to optimize results. They also will be tasked with building materials and collateral in support of managed accounts sales efforts in certain markets. This position is new, requires some travel to client meetings, and reports to the head of Workplace marketing.
Chicago location is preferred, but not required.
• Develop, setup, and manage enrollment and sales campaigns with plan sponsors
• Craft content for PowerPoints, one sheets, FAQs, brochures, emails, training materials, etc.
• Run reports and develop metrics to measure participant and plan sponsor activities
• Work with the sales and enrollers to continually optimize and evolve enrollment campaigns
• Collaborate with the marketing, client, and sales teams to align outreach and enrollment strategies across the organization
• Become a subject matter expert on our managed accounts service
• A bachelor’s degree is required
• 4-6 years of experience working in both a business-to-business and business-to-consumer role
• Experience working in the marketing department of a plan provider/recordkeeper and/or with a digital advice/robo-advice solution
• Experience working with Eloqua or a similar marketing automation tool is a plus
• Strong oral and written communication, with superb interpersonal and presentation skills
• Strong project-management skills
• A self-starter who is committed to testing, learning and iterating
• Fast learner, flexible and proven ability to work in a demanding environment with strong multi-tasking skills
• Excellent attention to detail