Marketing Operations Manager at Paylocity
We are looking for a Marketing Operations Manager to join the team who will work closely within our B2B marketing team and across our organization to develop and mature our marketing processes with an emphasis on improving our marketing efficiencies and results over time.
More specifically, this role will help us master how we reach out to prospects, how we interface with current customers, and managing the tools and processes that support this work. As a result of your efforts Marketing will become more efficient in our ability to scale and create business growth.
The below represents the primary duties of the position, others may be assigned as needed. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on our marketing operations -be the brains of our marketing tech ecosystem to add value across the client/prospect journey, from awareness to purchase.
- Drive implementation and onboarding of marketing tech stack (i.e. tools and processes for Lead Scoring, Reporting, Attribution, Personalization, A/B Testing, Digital Advertising).
- Build the journey map for integrated marketing campaigns in tandem with other team members – i.e. mapping the touchpoints from awareness to engagement to sales demo.
- Build, maintain and refine email marketing processes. Manage segmentation and list building workflows.
- Manage data integrations and workflows across Digital Analytics (Google Analytics), Digital Advertising (Google Ads, Bing, LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.), and CRM/marketing automation systems (Pardot/Salesforce).
- Build and manage the prospect/sales lead lifecycle in conjunction with demand generation and sales process teams.
- Deep dive into current tech stack to review and troubleshoot issues with data in existing processes.
- Help facilitate successful team usage of key marketing platforms and processes—scale and democratize knowledge across the team.
- Help deliver leadership reports of campaign results and performance and provide optimization recommendations.
Education and Experience
- 5-7 years’ experience in marketing, sales operations, or related discipline
- 3+ years of Salesforce & Pardot (or other marketing automation software – i.e. Marketo, HubSpot) experience. Must be proficient with marketing and sales CRMs
- 3-5 years' experience working with marketing technology evaluating vendors, building the technology stack, and providing recommendations to the marketing organization
- Working knowledge of business intelligence/marketing reporting software (i.e. Einstein Analytics, Tableau, PowerBI, Cognos, Qlikview, etc.)
- Experience building and refining workflows, lists for recurring processes, and one-off campaigns
- (preferred not required) Proficient with Excel—basic knowledge of SQL and relational database management
- Experience managing data syncs, working with large data sets and setting up complex integrations
- A critical eye on and track record of problem-solving, improving existing processes and unlocking new efficiencies within an organization
- History of cross-functional collaboration with teams such as sales, finance, analytics, and product
- Ability to think and communicate clearly about complex and technical projects and processes
- A track record of developing and maintaining multiple processes over time
This job excludes CO applicants