Marketing - PR Associate
Marketing PR Associate
Echo Global Logistics is seeking a Marketing - PR Associate to work with our marketing department to ensure the on-time completion and success of campaigns, projects, and PR strategy. The Marketing - PR Associate will collaborate with members of our marketing team to support activities across both print and digital.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for marketing, public relations, strong organizational skills, and the ability to manage multiple projects. We are looking for someone who is outgoing, motivated, self-directed, and a problem-solver.
The Marketing - PR Associate position is full-time and office-based in our Chicago Headquarters located in the River North neighborhood.
- Report to the Sr. Marketing Manager, gather requirements, manage scope, set measurable goals, and create schedules to ensure campaigns and various projects are on-time and on-budget.
- Support PR efforts.
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously with a high level of accuracy and within tight schedules.
- Coordinate support for events such as trade shows and internal meetings.
- Work with subject matter experts to produce marketing content and collateral.
- Work with internal creative team to ideate, create and execute campaigns.
- Manage and prioritize work effectively to ensure internal timelines are met.
- Provide regular status reports and briefings to manager
- Demonstrate expertise for development and implementation and measurement of complex integrated marketing communication programs, including analyzing research/data inputs, development marketing strategy and communication plan.
- Partner with Echo’s PR agency to raise the profile of Echo by increasing share-of-voice through media engagement, press releases and social media.
- Manage an integrated marketing communications plan to advance brand identity; broaden awareness of programs and priorities; and increase the visibility of its programs across key stakeholder audiences.
- Manage a 12-month editorial calendar for all communications organization-wide.
- Assist in developing and maintaining communication policies and procedures.
- Assist in cultivating and managing press relationships to ensure coverage surrounding Echo programs, special events, public announcements and other projects.
- Assist in media opportunities, and prepare talking points, speeches, presentations and other supporting material as needed.
- Assist in crisis communication planning, including identifying challenges and emerging issues faced by the organization.
- Assist in working with team to recognize internal and external communications opportunities, define solutions and execute appropriate strategies to support them.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing, business, communications, public relations (PR), or advertising.
- 2- 3 years experience in PR or implementing marketing programs.
- Solid computer skills, including MS Excel, PowerPoint, web analytics and Google Adwords.
- Experience with marketing automation solutions (e.g., Pardot, Eloqua, Marketo, ExactTarget) is a plus.
Personal Qualities & Characteristics
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong analytical project management and organizational skills.
- Resourceful, self-motivated, and able to work autonomously and proactively.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial work environment.
- Strong communication, project management, and collaboration skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.