Join some of the world’s best problem-solvers, pioneers, and out-of-the-box thinkers.
Everspring partners with leading universities to create a new standard of excellence in online education. Our dynamic and innovative team shapes the culture of our company and powers our university partners’ success. We are not a typical online education company – Everspring’s unique approach influences everything we do.
We’re looking add a new Marketing Project Manager to support our Marketing and Creative teams. Our Marketing Project Manager will play a significant role in building our project management and operational capabilities and will be leaned on as a subject matter expert.
The marketing project manager is a senior member of the marketing team. They function as the key point-person for managing project timelines, resource allocation, ensuring projects are executed on time and within scope, and lead a selection of new product and client implementation with cross-functional teams. They have a strong grasp of the marketing and advertising production lifecycle for web, email, social, print, and digital advertising deliverables and can easily speak to production needs, project goals and overall marketing strategy. The marketing project manager will manage projects from initiation to completion, providing project direction and daily prioritization tasks to a large team of copywriters, designers, developers, and brand managers.
- Is adept in simultaneously managing multiple short and long-term marketing projects from inception to completion
- Leads project meetings and team stand-up, distributing key information in advance, keeping the team focuses on rapidly shifting priorities, and outlining next steps
- Partners with client-facing brand managers to assess client needs and deliverables and ensure project expectations are met
- Obtains and compiles all necessary production specifications and requirements at the onset of the project
- Develops project timelines, contingency plans, and manages timeline based on scope changes, business and client priorities and resource allocation
- Identifies potential risks and and scope creep; proactively works to mitigate these risks and communicate and accommodate changes when needed
- Proactively communicates project status, project milestones and obstacles to team leadership on a regular basis
- Initiating, coordinating, and enforcing policies and procedures to ensure appropriate staff are being engaged throughout the various stages of the project
- Assists with training team members in the department workflow process
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years professional work experience in marketing project management or marketing operations
- Able to self-manage and prioritize daily work with limited direction
- Deadline-driven, with the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Exceptional organizational skills and a strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to use creative thinking to identify and solve problems
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate effectively between different disciplines (development, creative, marketing, admissions, etc.) and personality types
- Experience power-user with a project management software such as Workfront, Jira, or Smartsheets
- Experience leading new product or new business launches
- Experience working collaboratively with an IT/technology team to establish and maintain systems and their requirements
- 3+ years professional work experience in higher education, direct-to-consumer marketing, or advertising agency
- Experience with Workfront, Marketo, Adobe Creative Suite, Jira, and BitBucket
- Experience working with a large creative team (10+)
- Experience simultaneously managing multiple projects for a large portfolio of clients
- Experience working with SEO/SEM and digital advertising properties
- Experience working with web development teams
- Experience working with new business development teams or new product development teams
- No PMP certification is required, but some level of formal training in PMI or other project management methodologies is a plus
Position is full-time and located in our offices in the Chicago Loop.
Everspring is an Equal Opportunity Employer.