Built In unites companies and people around their shared passion for tech and the universal need for purpose. To help our partners attract qualified talent, we create content that tells their story in a way no job post ever could — and we put their jobs in front of people who were born to do them. Our audience of sought-after candidates use Built In to find their professional purpose and connect meaningfully to the tech community, including by reading our content, networking at our events and applying to jobs at companies they believe in.
Headquartered in Chicago, we also serve Los Angeles, Colorado, Austin, New York, Boston, Seattle, San Francisco, and Nationwide.
When you work for Built In, you have the opportunity to change lives by giving talented people access to purpose, not just a paycheck. And you’ll make an impact on some of the most exciting companies in tech, helping them hire their next wave of elite talent. Be part of Built In, and be part of the future of tech.We’re looking for a Marketing Specialist
We have aggressive growth plans and need a self-motivated, outgoing and organized superstar to join our team as a Marketing Specialist. In this role, you need to be comfortable calling our prospects, helping us identify who we should contact and keeping track of multiple projects at once. You’ll be at the heart of the intersection of sales and marketing and an important part of our new strategy.
Your success will be measured by helping our marketing campaigns connect with individuals and get them engaged with our activities and excited about Built In.
How you’ll contribute
- You will be responsible for helping us identify individuals who fit into our campaigns and contacting them to invite them to events, webinars or to view strategic content.
- Through email and phone calls you’ll help the marketing team identify who are good targets and ensure that we have clean data for the sales team.
- Provide feedback to the marketing team on the effectiveness of activities, events and messaging with the different personas
- Use our campaign materials to test and create custom messages to increase overall engagement
- Leverage our gifting program to connect with senior executives at important accounts
- Suggest ideas for ‘breaking through the noise’ with important contacts and accounts
- Ensure that we have the best data and contact information for contacts and accounts for a seamless hand-off between sales and marketing
- A strong desire to join a sales or marketing team because this role will important to both and the experience will be highly valuable to either career path
- Excellent communication skills on both the phone and in email
- Comfort with using new tools--especially Salesforce.com, LinkedIn and Apollo
- You are good at staying organized and diligent with follow through
- Ability to manage yourself and know when to ask for help (we want you to be successful!)
- You like keeping score and seeing your successes mount. Being data-driven is the path to success in this role.
We’re revolutionizing tech recruitment. So we question everything, because the best answers sit just to the right of a question mark. That’s our heritage as a disruptive company — as a company whose future depends on our capacity to innovate with a sense of drive, purpose and urgency. If you join Built In, you will work from this set of values:
- Be Unreasonably Passionate. Our passion is borderline obsessive, and we’re ok with that. No one ever built anything great on a “meh.” We work with outsized passion to fulfill our mission.
- Be Humble. You don’t have all the answers. Luckily, you don’t have to. Don’t worry about being right. Be humble instead.
- Stay Curious. Curiosity is a springboard to the future. It can transform the wisp of an idea into a breakthrough. We ask “what if.” We work with wonder. It’s how we innovate.
- Lead with Solutions. Question everything. But offer solutions as you do. Raise issues. But propose a few answers. For every hole you poke, offer a way to patch it up.
- Own the Result. We have no time for blame or shame. When you stumble, own it, learn from it + get back to business.
- Do More. Do more than your job description. Take initiative. Take charge. No job is beneath you, and no job is too big. Be a leader and do more — do whatever it takes.
Built In is an equal employment opportunity employer and values diversity. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.