ActiveCampaign is the marketing automation leader for small and mid sized businesses (SMB's) around the globe. Through a sophisticated yet easy-to-use platform and tools, we allow our customers to make meaningful connections to their customers. Often, we are the center of our customer's marketing strategies and critical to their success and future.
As the fastest-growing SaaS company in Chicago, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 80,000 today to millions.
We are looking for a Media Relations expert to connect with various news and tech outlets and share our story with the public. The ideal candidate is an outstanding connector, storyteller, and loves a fast-paced environment. They will have experience pitching, writing, and are eager to learn and share the ActiveCampaign story to support the growth of the organization.
What your day could consist of:
- Build relationships with various media outlets and influencers
- Refine stories and pitch media to build brand awareness that drives sales, recruiting, and retention
- Share product launches and company announcements with the media
- Create and publish press releases, contributed articles, and thought leadership blog posts
- Support award and speaking submissions to leverage our thought leaders
- Work to leverage our small business customers around the globe to share how ActiveCampaign has helped grow their business
What is needed:
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment under deadlines
- Experience getting press for a scaling SaaS company is preferred
- 4+ years of public relations and corporate communications experience
- Superior verbal and written communications skills – must be a strong writer and copy editor who can turn complex topics into concise messages related to MarTech products
- Strong track record of success using PR and communications to elevate brand awareness, position an organization as a leader, and drive inbound interest
- Established relationships with journalist that cover our industry
- Prior experience managing communications for technology companies that serve marketers
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. We'll share all the details later on but in summary: comprehensive health and welfare benefits including no premiums for employees, open time off plan, generous 401(k) matching with no vesting, lunch and endless snacks/ beverages, reimbursed commuting, education budgets, ongoing learning and development, a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion, career pathing and lots of swag.
Read Full Job Description