Media Specialist, TV
RXBAR: We manufacture, market and distribute whole food protein bars. While the protein bar market is crowded, RXBAR cuts through the clutter with a clean ingredient deck and disruptive branding. A unique, “No B.S” value proposition has propelled RXBAR to be a major, rapidly growing player in the nutrition category.
Media Specialist, TV: TV plays an integral role in RXBAR’s media strategy, acting as a powerful vehicle to drive mass awareness and brand affinity. In this role, you will oversee all national TV buys (direct, programmatic and connected) on behalf of RXBAR, while continuously shaping a best in class strategy in an ever-evolving media landscape. As a member of RXBAR’s media team, you will have the opportunity to learn about and execute in other media platforms in an effort to support the broader goals of the business and further your education in the space.
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to impact how TV is bought nationally, while specifically owning a national TV strategy for one of the most sought-after brands in the CPG space. The ideal candidate has a proven track record in TV buying, creating and deploying best in class strategy, while pushing the limits within the space. This person must be a strong collaborator, a “doer” and executor, have an analytical mind, think creatively and learn quickly. Our ideal candidate has a passion for TV buying, is hungry to grow a new brand, and is looking to be part of an exciting, fast-paced, innovative company.
General Functions + Responsibilities:
- Negotiate, steward and track direct and programmatic buys, including added value opportunities across broadcast, cable and connected TV
- Confirm flights and copy-splits, estimate and track delivery, secure make-goods and ADUs, clear discrepancies, request issue pre-logs and post analyses
- Act as primary trafficker to ensure creative and instructions are issued in a timely manner
- Manage market/vendor budgets and deliverables (GRPs, impressions, sponsorship integrations)
- Gather rates, construct TV buys in a buying system, and send schedules to stations
- Track historical pricing, YOY increases, rate of change on demos, etc.
- Maintain quarterly/monthly/weekly budgets and clearance levels to achieve company goals.
- Develop pre and post-campaign summary materials viewed by wider marketing team including executive-level team
- Assist the media team in other areas of execution and planning where needed
Skills & Qualifications:
- Positive attitude, a thirst for knowledge, and an excitement for growing our business
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or related field
- 2 - 3 years in a TV buying role
- Experience with negotiating and buying TV in both upfront and scattered marketplaces
- Experience with Programmatic TV a plus
- Excellent analytical skills and solid foundation in statistical analysis
- High proficiency with Microsoft Excel - must be able to use advanced Excel functions
- Acute understanding of and passion for media
- Excellent communications skills, strong presentation skills and proven ability to communicate complex, technical concepts
- Ability to handle multiple campaigns simultaneously with excellent organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Knowledge of syndicated media research & systems (Nielsen, comScore, MRI, Scarborough)
- Passion for brands and digital TV’s role in shaping them
Total Rewards Package: Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, 401K plan with RXBAR match, cell phone & fitness membership reimbursement, subsidized commuter benefits, bike & helmet, unlimited RXBARs, RXBAR gear and invaluable experience growing a company.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.