National Market Executive at VillageMD
Join VillageMD as National Market Executive
Join the frontlines of today's healthcare transformation
At VillageMD, we're looking for National Market Executive to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
Could this be you?
We are looking for a National Market Executive to drive operations and performance while solving business problems and supporting team execution. In this role, you’ll be accountable for driving success in a global capitation environment including managing operations and delivering financial success across multiple markets. You will also be responsible for building out the teams and supporting infrastructure to appropriately serve our providers with the required practice operations support and delivery of analytical, clinical and operational resources and services. Supported by a national team to launch the VillageMD model of care in local markets, you will monitor network performance, removing barriers and developing and implementing strategies that enable provider adoption and success. You will partner with payer, provider and service partners to enhance care delivery and provider support. As National Market Executive, you’ll have end accountability for multiple market P+Ls, as well as oversight of all practice operations, MSO operations, and value-based care initiatives.
Driven by a strong belief in a primary care led healthcare model, this leader will have direct oversight and accountability for all market operations and performance from initiation through maturation. You will enjoy oscillating between business strategy and operational execution and will bring both deep content knowledge and demonstrated results partnering with physicians to execute under value-based reimbursement structures. This position will require the individual to demonstrate collaboration across the executive leadership team and a diverse market stakeholder base to drive operational efficiency and performance while building a continuously scalable organization.
How you can make a difference:
- Working with VMD executive leadership to develop the strategic plan and organizational design to optimize local business operations in accordance with our VillageMD clinical model of care
- Managing risk under a global capitation model through leveraging depth of knowledge and expertise in delegated services, utilization management, quality and care delivery
- Developing and recruiting the required talent and infrastructure to drive the successful implementation and long-term sustainability of the VMD model with a focus on creating a high-performance culture that prioritizes execution and service
- End accountability for successful performance across all markets on growth, financial, quality, and operational outcomes
- Maintaining market-level knowledge of competition; proactively assessing, analyzing and implementing effective responses to new and existing market barriers to growth and adoption
- In conjunction with corporate and local development teams, identify, oversee and execute network and operations growth opportunities
- Ensuring accountability to state and national regulatory requirements and organizational strategy, culture and values
- Working closely with market physician leadership to garner support for MSO-related initiatives, soliciting and implementing feedback to improve efficiency and outcomes
What will make you successful here?
- High emotional intelligence, the ability to forge meaningful relationships, and success navigating diverse stakeholder groups
- Previous hands-on experience with value-based care initiatives and positively influencing quality outcomes is a requirement
- A keen sense of personal accountability for delivering individual and team results
- Experience performing under pressure with a sense of urgency, attention to detail, and a commitment to doing what you say you will do
- A passion for being hands-on in problem-solving and execution
What you bring to VillageMD:
- Demonstrated track record of success in risk-based and global capitation contracts
- Prior history and success delivering P+L results and leading and managing multi-disciplinary teams
- A depth of knowledge and hands-on experience with operating against value-based arrangements including care management programs and necessary operational infrastructure and programming for managing attributed lives
- Significant healthcare leadership experience ideally garnered in a managed care, provider or healthcare services setting
- A thorough understanding of all aspects of managed care, including HMOs, PHOs, risk arrangements, capitation, peer review, performance profiling, outcome management, care coordination, pharmacy management, and patient centered medical home concepts
- Sound understanding of payer relationships and contracts
- An entrepreneurial mindset with knowledge and experience in high-growth business environments including ability to roll-up sleeves and dig into the details of the work
- Experience successfully partnering with physicians and their care teams in a patient and provider-centric manner to affect change and improve processes and outcomes
- Ability to quickly gain credibility and establish the required relationships to influence and generate results; can quickly influence market leaders to take action
- A natural comfort getting into the details of operations to drive execution, along with the ability to quickly pivot between strategy and operations
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of healthcare financial and operational data and reporting as well as healthcare technology
- A hands-on leader with a player-coach mentality that is willing and able to provide “in the weeds” assistance to local teams
- A visionary leader who is ready to define a new category of primary care
- Comfort with leading large-scale transformation and change management initiatives
- Experience with increasing the scale of a managed entity, network of physician groups, or an ACO
- Prior leadership experience in a large medical group operation preferred
- Demonstrated experience driving results in a high-growth enterprise
- A passion for leading and developing others
- Ability to travel as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree and 10+ years of leadership experience required
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus and a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1.
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Those seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Explore your future with VillageMD today.