Morningstar is committed to empowering investor success. One way we accomplish this is by offering independent data, research, and great products to the financial community. We believe that when the investor wins, we all win.
Our Product Marketing team is critical to achieving this goal. We are looking for a Product Marketing Manager for our Advisor Client Experience Software (ACES) business who is eager to help us drive crisper positioning, segmentation, and GTM strategy, as well as act as a critical partner to product on synthesizing and acting on client feedback. He/she can translate the sophisticated technical capabilities of our software capabilities into clear benefits for Enterprises, their financial advisors and the clients they serve.
The Advisor Client Experience Software (ACES) Product group is the home of manufacturing and innovation at Morningstar. The individuals in this group transform our high-quality data, independent research, and technological expertise into well-designed software products that delight our clients. We are especially focused on creating software solutions for financial advisors at larger enterprise firms and smaller firms. In this role, you will collaborate across product management, product development, client success, service teams, and sales to launch and deliver successful campaigns.
Morningstar’s Advisor Client Experience Software (ACES) group is looking for an experienced Product Marketing Manager who can lead GTM launches, deliver impactful positioning, and has a proven track record of sales enablement. This person will deliver on product marketing priorities across our software solutions: Advisor Workstation (AWS) and Enterprise Components (Digital Components and API solutions) and Mobile companion solutions.
We are looking for a confident, data-oriented, customer-focused, self-starter who can work effectively in a highly collaborative team setting. This role should be comfortable creating and delivering multi-channel campaigns to launch new products, drive demand, generate leads, and influence sales pipeline for new prospects as well as existing clients. Success will be measured by client retention, client satisfaction (NPS), increased sales pipeline and closed business conversion rates globally, shortened sales cycles, and market share growth over time.
This role reports to the Director for Product Marketing for Advisor Client Experience Software (ACES) and will be an integral part in building the Product Marketing function for this business unit.
• Craft and execute the go-to-market strategy for new product releases, including positioning, content development, service enablement, and sales enablement to deliver business growth, which includes retaining existing clients and attracting new clients.
• Lead key projects to upgrade our 150,000 Advisor Workstation subscribers to the next generation of our flagship software platform.
• Partner with marketing and product to create and execute a content and customer acquisition plan for our digital delivery choice Digital Components (EC) and API solutions.
• Coordinate continuous user research to validate the market problems to solve, through regular user research groups. Deeply understand our buyers and the investor clients they serve, and constantly bring actionable new market/client insights back to the team.
• Build out competitive analysis/landscape for the business unit and create sales enablement toolkit to support client conversations.
• Epitomize a test, learn, iterate mindset to launch and optimize multi-channel marketing campaigns that generate demand and drive new client acquisition.
• Audit current portfolio of sales enablement and client-facing assets. Use findings to present a plan for on-going optimization and advocacy as well as how to increase engagement of sales team.
• Interact with clients in the development of testimonials and other materials to support marketing programs and enrich sales materials.
• Collaborate with our business analysts to measure, analyze, and report on the success of product marketing programs monthly, quarterly, and as requested with executive stakeholders to identify opportunities to continuously improve our outcomes relative to our goals.
• This role does not currently have direct reports but will have the opportunity to lead rotational program associates for more complex projects
• 4+ years of product marketing experience in SaaS or software/technology firms. Experience in financial services technology is a plus.
• Track record of successfully leading cross-functional GTM initiatives that have proven business results and customer satisfaction.
• Exceptional prioritization skills within a dynamic environment.
• Powerful communication skills for internal and external outreach and advocacy. Portfolio of content creation to showcase different communication styles/approaches, a plus.
• Must be data-driven and understand how to translate marketing metrics into opportunities for action.
• Self-starter and passion for “doing the impossible;” committed to testing, learning, and iterating.
• Previous experience partnering closely with sales teams to deliver sales enablement assets/training and having accountability for influencing sales pipeline development.
• Certifications and/or experience working in an Agile environment and using Jira, Eloqua, Adobe Experience Manager, Tableau, Google Analytics, On24, wikis, and Yammer, or similar.
001_MstarInc Morningstar Inc. Legal Entity