Product Marketing Manager, Data at Morningstar
Morningstar is committed to providing independent investment research and great products that help investors reach their financial goals. It is a serious responsibility to represent the investor’s best interests at all times. One way we achieve this is by providing investors and those that support them the data, research, and applications they need to live up to this expectation.
Product Marketing Manager, Data
We are looking for an experienced Product Marketing Manager to help shape and execute the marketing of the company’s core Data business that uniquely differentiates Morningstar in the marketplace. In this role, you will launch new products, craft compelling value props/positioning/messaging, develop go-to-market programs, build compelling sales enablement materials, deploy integrated marketing campaigns, and drive measurable business growth. You will work across multiple audience segments and Morningstar solutions. Successful candidates will thrive on building cross-functional relationships and interlocks. This role reports to the head of marketing for Data, Research, and Indexes.
Launch new product solutions globally: Lead a Pragmatic Marketing approach throughout the buyer’s journey. Partner across Product, Sales, and Marketing to differentiate new Data capabilities, develop product launch programs, deploy impactful go-to-market campaigns, and drive measurable business growth.
Establish and deploy modern digital marketing programs to drive measurable lead gen: Coordinate and execute across a variety of integrated channels (ie: inbound/content marketing, blog, webinars, email, search, social, media, events, etc.) to drive qualified leads. Quantify marketing goals, then utilize tools such as Tableau, Eloqua, and Salesforce to track, measure, report, and analyze marketing efficacy in driving sales pipeline.
Deliver effective sales and support enablement: Thoughtfully partner across Sales, Product, and Marketing to craft compelling value props/positioning/messaging and create impactful sales enablement materials (ie: Pitch Decks, Play Books, etc.) that advance prospect progress through the sales funnel and enhance client retention/expansion.
Promote our unique Data assets to drive growth: Combine internal Data knowledge with competitive external marketplace nous to elevate marketing programs, develop deep subject matter expertise, and advance the business. Ensure positioning and messaging are consistent with Morningstar’s mission to Empower Investor Success.
Interlocks: Partner with Sales, Support, Product, and across the Marketing organization to accomplish goals.
* 6+ years relevant Product Marketing experience
* Technology, B2B, and/or financial services marketing experience preferred
* Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or another relevant advanced degree/accreditation a plus
* Proven ability to successfully lead and collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop and execute multi-channel marketing campaigns
* Experience with Pragmatic Marketing and Buyer’s Journeys
* Analytical and data-driven, able to translate marketing metrics into opportunities for action
* Track record of successful product launches, integrated marketing campaigns, and measurable lead gen
* Modern digital marketing experience, including content marketing, marketing automation, and reporting dashboards
* Experience with tools such as Agile, Tableau, Eloqua, Salesforce, Google Analytics, Adobe Experience Manager, On24, Jira, and wikis
* Self-starter with proven ability to navigate ambiguity, move multiple projects forward, and succeed in a matrixed environment