As the Product Marketing Manager for our ecommerce line, you will be playing a critical role in helping businesses all over the world understand the value of CXA, and how connected customer experiences fuel ecommerce business growth. You will become a product, industry, and customer expert, using your knowledge to craft memorable messaging and content, and design full funnel marketing programs that attract, empower and retain ecommerce customers. You will create programs that help ActiveCampaign grow our audience within specific partner ecosystems, like Shopify, WooCommerce, and BigCommerce. You will also serve as the internal team’s go-to source for ecommerce market insights and play a pivotal role in helping ActiveCampaign improve its product, services, and approach.
What your day could consist of:
- Craft the message and supporting thought leadership themes for our ecommerce solution
- Own ecommerce GTM strategy and cross-functional marketing campaigns, working with leaders from our branding and revenue teams, to grow trials and conversion rates
- Collaborate with our ecommerce partners such as Shopify, Magento and BigCommerce, and other key partners such as Stripe and PayPal, to optimize our presence in their marketplaces, drive co-marketing, and teach our customers about the value of these ecommerce integrations
- Lead ecommerce market research to understand the needs of ecommerce companies and to bring those insights to the ActiveCampaign organization
- Deliver market insights to ecommerce stakeholders from Marketing, PMM, Product, and Business Development
- Co-create and co-deliver enablement materials and training content for our Sales and Customer Success teams, helping them to speak intelligently and effectively with ecommerce companies
- Be an active participant in the ecommerce industry, attending and speaking at key industry events, monitoring and participating in industry groups, etc.
- Engage with leaders and influencers in ecommerce, leveraging their voice as part of our ActiveCampaign marketing and messaging
- Be a creative thinker who actively shapes the ways ActiveCampaign differentiates our product offerings in a crowded and complex ecosystem
- Create and execute innovative strategies and marketing plans that drive awareness, trials and product adoption.
What is needed:
- 6+ years of experience in SaaS marketing experience, with 4+ years of experience in industry marketing and/or product marketing positions
- Prior experience working directly for ecommerce companies a plus
- Deep knowledge of the ecommerce industry, with a focus on companies and platforms that serve small and mid-market businesses
- Understanding of the SaaS market and SMB B2B market — and the routes to market utilized to reach these customers
- Strong planning and organizational skills required, with experience working closely with cross-functional teams
- Deep experience writing external-facing marketing copy for use in websites, collateral, and other channels
- Ability to work strategically as a proactive self-starter with independent decision making, as well as ensuring operational delivery and having a “hands on” approach when necessary
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience developing and executing marketing strategy successfully while collaborating cross-functionally and building consensus, with effective project management expertise
We are a category-defining Customer Experience Automation Platform (CXA) that helps over 160,000 businesses in 170 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to 600+ pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation, CRM, and machine learning for powerful segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat, and text.
As a global multicultural company, we are proud of our inclusive culture which embraces diverse voices, backgrounds, and perspectives. We don’t just celebrate our differences, we believe our diversity is what empowers our innovation and success. You can find out more about our DEI initiatives here.
As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in the world, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently, and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 160,000 today to millions. We have been ranked #4 Best Place to Work on Built In Chicago in 2021, a best workplace for remote employees by Quartz and received recognition as a great place to work across all of our regions, and continue to be globally recognized for our employee-centric culture here.
Perks and benefits:
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. You can see more of the details here, but some of our most popular benefits include:
-Comprehensive health and wellness benefits (including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, telehealth and tele-mental health, and access to the Calm app for mediation)
-Open paid time off
-Generous 401(k) matching with no vesting
-Generous stipend to outfit your remote office
-Career growth including access to personal and professional coaching through Udemy
-Access to life coaches via Modern Health
ActiveCampaign is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, pay, grow and promote no matter of gender, race, color, sexual orientation, religion, age, protected veteran status, physical and mental abilities, or any other identities protected by law.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) strive to foster a diverse inclusive environment by supporting each other, building a strong sense of belonging, and creating opportunities for mentorship and professional growth for their members.