Product Marketing Manager, Financial Planning at Morningstar
Morningstar is committed to empowering investor success. One way we accomplish this is by offering independent data, research, and great products to the financial community. We believe that when the investor wins, we all win.
Our Product Marketing team is critical to achieving this goal. We are looking for a Product Marketing Manager for our Financial Planning business who is eager to help us drive crisper positioning, segmentation, and GTM strategy, as well as act as a critical partner to product management on synthesizing and acting on client feedback. He/she can translate the sophisticated technical capabilities of our software capabilities into clear benefits for Enterprises, their financial advisor, and the clients they serve.
Morningstar’s Financial Planning Software group is looking for an experienced Product Marketing Manager who can lead GTM launches, deliver impactful positioning, and has a proven track record of sales enablement. This person will deliver on product marketing priorities across our financial planning software solutions.
We are looking for a confident, data-oriented, customer-focused, self-starter who can work effectively in a highly collaborative team setting. This role should be comfortable creating and delivering multi-channel campaigns to launch new products, drive demand, generate leads, and influence sales pipeline for new prospects as well as existing clients. Success will be measured by client retention, client satisfaction (NPS), increased sales pipeline and closed business conversion rates globally, shortened sales cycles, and market share growth over time.
This role reports to the Director of Product Marketing, Financial Planning and will be an integral part of building the Product Marketing function for this business unit.
• Help develop the value proposition, competitive positioning and messaging for Morningstar’s financial planning software platform, and related advisor-facing products.
• In conjunction with colleagues in Product, Sales and Marketing, support the definition of the marketing strategy for Morningstar’s software products for financial advisors.
• Craft and execute the go-to-market strategy for new product releases, including positioning, content development, service enablement, and sales enablement to deliver business growth, which includes retaining existing clients and attracting new clients.
• Utilize your in-depth knowledge of the financial advice market and competitive landscape to ensure Morningstar teams are equipped with a differentiated messaging and in-depth competitive analysis that supports clarity of message to financial advisers.
• Epitomize a test, learn, iterate mindset to launch and optimize multi-channel marketing campaigns that generate demand and drive new client acquisition.
• Audit current portfolio of sales enablement and client-facing assets. Use findings to present a plan for on-going optimization and advocacy as well as how to increase engagement of the sales team.
• Support demand generation and content marketing campaigns with expertly crafted persona-specific content.
• Measure, analyze, and report on the success of product marketing programs periodically as required with key stakeholders to identify opportunities to continuously improve our outcomes relative to our goals.
• Interact with clients in the development of case studies and other materials to support integrated campaigns for our products.
• 5+ years of product marketing experience in SaaS or software/technology firms. Experience in financial services technology is a plus. A demonstrable understanding of the financial advice market.
• Track record of successfully leading cross-functional GTM initiatives that have proven business results and customer satisfaction.
• Prior experience successfully developing product marketing strategies for high-growth businesses.
• Interpersonal communication skills for internal and external outreach and advocacy. Portfolio of content creation to showcase different communication styles/approaches, a plus.
• Must be data-driven and understand how to translate marketing metrics into opportunities for action.
• Self-starter and passion for “doing the impossible;” committed to testing, learning, and iterating.
• Previous experience partnering closely with sales teams to deliver sales enablement assets/training and having accountability for influencing sales pipeline development.