Product Marketing Manager at Yello
We’ve all had a recruiting experience that stands out, either because it was magical or ‘oh so horrible.’
The technology that recruiting teams use to find, connect with, and advance talent often shapes a candidate’s experience. Yello’s software enables employers to recruit effectively and efficiently. If it excites you to be a part of a team that helps some of the world’s largest brands connect with their talent, then come grow your career with Yello.
Founded in 2008, Yello is a venture-backed talent acquisition software company that empowers Fortune 500 and fast-growing enterprise companies to find the best talent for their organizations. Our solutions help recruiters love their work — and helps people early in their careers find their dream job.
~We believe in bringing our authentic selves to work.
~We are hungry to learn and are forever curious.
~We do what’s right for our customers, leading with our expertise.
~We are proactive.
~And last but not least, we strive to start with empathy in all of our interactions.
About The Role
We are looking for an energetic, unstoppable Product Marketing Manager to create excitement about our products! Reporting into VP of Marketing, the Product Marketing Manager will be responsible for developing, managing and executing a B2B go-to-market strategy for products and services through close partnership with the marketing, sales and product management teams.
You will be expected to be an evangelist for Yello’s product set and its benefits. The role includes responsibility for developing a strategy and plan that includes positioning, value proposition, messaging, buyer personas, competitive analysis, how the product solves pain points and other key elements. You will drive communicating products features and benefits through compelling storytelling, create sales enablement content, develop case studies and sales tools, run product launches and work closely with demand generation and content development. The role also includes a focus on customer connections and engagement through ongoing marketing programs.
Our ideal candidate will have industry expertise in HR technology or experience working with SaaS companies. An attention to detail and an eye for quality, along with the ability to grasp and present our product’s value proposition in a way that resonates and clearly articulates how we solve our buyers’ problems will be critical. Tracking performance and using data to prove what’s working and what isn’t will drive success.
How You'll Make An Impact
- Development of a go-to-market strategy and plan working closely with product management, sales and the marketing team
- Directly executing or serving as project management to ensure implementation of the strategy and plan
- Perform competitive analysis to understand our competitors’ positioning and messaging, as well as perceived strengths and weaknesses
- Create effective positioning and messaging materials to improve Yello’s competitive advantage and differentiate us in the market
- Oversee the creation of sales collateral, presentations and other appropriate tools that align with the buying process and help move prospects & customers through the sales cycle
- Work with the marketing team to create marketing programs (e.g. product videos, website copy, customer case studies) that articulate the benefits and use cases of our products to drive qualified leads and engage customers
- Manage product launches, including leading cross-functional teams to plan the launch, overseeing the project plan and key milestones and meeting the launch date.
- Speak and present both internally and externally to promote the story of our product - to industry analysts, customers, and prospects
- Together with the product team, educate both internal and external stakeholders on our product features and their benefits
What We're Looking For
- 8+ years of experience of product marketing experience with a proven track record of positioning, planning, supporting and executing successful go-to-market plans
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority. The ability to influence and work collaboratively with sales, marketing and product management is especially important
- Excellent managerial and project management skills
- Ability to flourish in a fast-paced, high-growth work environment and comfortable with ambiguity
- Skilled at analyzing data to measure results and adjusting course as needed
- HR Tech industry experience is preferred, but not required
- Experience in SAAS based software a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or related field or equivalent professional experience
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and apply problem-solving skills to business and technical challenges
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to sell ideas well through creative & innovative presentations
- Yello is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- You must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Candidates local to Chicago are preferred.
- Must be able to sit or stand for continuous periods of time.