Product Marketing Manager at Morningstar
The Role: We seek a Product Marketing Manager for Morningstar Direct and Reporting to lead and drive innovation to develop and communicate the company's global vision and strategy. This position drives growth for the global Morningstar Direct and Reporting business and the firm by leveraging Morningstar unique Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) capabilities as well as emerging data sets and innovation.
The ideal candidate will develop differentiating messaging and tools to position Morningstar unique value proposition and distinct solutions. Reporting to the Director of Product Marketing for Direct and reporting, this individual will partner with Campaign Marketing, Corporate Marketing and the Product, Research, Sales and Client Service teams. This role offers an excellent opportunity to make a real business impact for Morningstar.
This role is located in our Chicago or London office.
- Develop positioning, messaging, content and sales tools that reflect the attributes and needs of key client segments, draft use cases and develop ways to reach each segment with the right value proposition help to qualify and differentiate offers.
- Work with client-facing teams and subject-matter experts to ensure client-feedback, investment insights and responses to sales objections are considered in our client and outcome-focused marketing materials.
- Craft and execute the go-to-market strategy for new product releases, including positioning, content development, service enablement, and sales enablement to deliver business growth, which includes retaining existing clients and attracting new clients.
- Support demand generation and content marketing campaigns with expertly crafted persona-specific content.
- Produce meaningful metrics for the business and offer fact-based insights to help guide strategies for brand positioning, client retention and development, pricing, innovation, industry partnerships, and cost-effective methods for attracting new businesses to the firm.
- Minimum of 5 years in a product marketing or management capacity - in the financial services industry is a plus.
- Strategic thinker, with strong critical thinking/analytical skills; ability to evaluate business challenges and develop solutions to deliver profitable business growth.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to a wide variety of stakeholders at different levels, translating complex initiatives into materials and products that effectively communicate core values and goals.
- Must have an operational ability to effectively perform at all levels of the business with a proven track-record of excellence in engaging and building relationships with executive-level clients.
- Track record of successfully leading cross-functional GTM initiatives that have proven business results and customer satisfaction.
- Organized, detail-oriented and capable of advancing projects simultaneously.
What you need to enjoy and be good at for this role:
- Must be a strong writer and communicator that brings the voice of the customer front and center to all marketing deliverables.
- A team player's attitude with a high threshold for quality.
- Empathy and the maturity to own and learn from challenges.
- We believe in a testing, learning, and iterating based on our findings - so bring your curiosity!
- Comfort with using data to make decisions, strong business acumen, and focus on metrics that drive revenue.
001_MstarInc Morningstar Inc. Legal Entity