Product Marketing Manager
Title: Product Marketing Manager
Location: Chicago, IL
CityBase is seeking a Product Marketing Manager with experience building and executing campaigns in a SaaS serving enterprise B2B clients. This Product Marketing Manager will be focused on our audience segments, such as local government and utilities.
The Product Marketing Manager will sit on the Marketing team and report to the Marketing Director, with close collaboration with the Product team, including Product Managers, the Director of Product, and the Chief Product Officer. This role will be highly collaborative, acting as a bridge between client-facing teams and product teams to tell the story of our products effectively to our target audiences.
This role will serve as an expert on CityBase product offerings as they relate to our clients and prospects. You will be a specialist in your audience segment to understand their pain points, their business language, and how our product offerings come together to form solutions and add value for that audience. You’ll be responsible for owning this audience, understanding their needs, and reaching them with compelling messaging and outreach strategies.
As a member of the Marketing team, you will collaborate with the director, coordinator, design manager and graphic designer to conceive and execute on a marketing strategy, particularly as it relates to your audience.
- Become an industry and CityBase product expert.
- Learn and engage with our audience to gain interest and ultimately drive sales and increase client satisfaction.
- Create and execute the tactics that will be most effective in reaching our target customers.
- Help define and track the proper metrics that will help us meet company OKRs and business goals.
- Use a variety of quantitative and qualitative tools to ensure we are meeting our goals.
- Conduct industry research to know our audience, competitors, and current market trends, communicating those internally and sharing relevant messages externally.
- Speak the business language of our clients, and inform CityBase messaging in marketing materials and sales pitches and proposals to reflect that.
- Cultivate success stories and data from CityBase SMEs (product managers, engagement managers, solutions engineers, and sales) to shape the stories we tell about our products and clients, such as case studies, blog posts, product updates, videos, infographics, award submissions, panel discussions, etc.
- Lead and project manage marketing campaigns and other marketing initiatives, with responsibility in creating the game plan, ensuring its execution, and reporting on its success.
- In collaboration with the marketing coordinator, research opportunities to showcase CityBase and our clients, such as industry events, awards, and speaking opportunities.
- Work closely with Sales and Product teams to inform sales demos and scripts.
- Collaborate with our GTY sister companies to understand their product offerings and how they can pair with our solutions to add value to our clients and prospects.
- 5-7+ years of experience in product marketing.
- Experience project managing marketing campaigns and initiatives from concept to completion, and reporting on their effectiveness.
- Strong writing and communication skills, with the ability to communicate key stories externally and key strategies and results internally.
- Experience collaborating in the content creation process.
- Experience in marketing to government and/or utilities is a strong plus.
CityBase is a government technology company that transforms the way cities connect and do business with constituents. CityBase works with local governments, agencies, and utilities to integrate payment functionality, business processes, and communications onto a central, cloud-based platform that consumers can access through the web, mobile, kiosk, or point-of-sale.