Product Marketing Specialist at Reverb
Reverb is the largest online marketplace dedicated to buying and selling new, used, and vintage musical instruments. Since launching in 2013, Reverb has grown into a vibrant community of buyers and sellers all over the world. By focusing on inspiring content, price transparency, musician-focused eCommerce tools, a music-savvy customer service team, and more, Reverb has created an online destination where the global music community can connect over the perfect piece of music gear.
Our core belief is that music makes the world a better place. Through Reverb Gives, a portion of every sale provides youth music education programs across the world with instruments they need to make music.
As the Product Marketing Specialist for our Buyer Experience and Mobile Apps teams, you’ll partner with stakeholders across Marketing, Product, and Analytics to drive users to engage with the product features most relevant to their needs and most associated with increasing their LTV.
Product marketing at a two-sided marketplace presents the unique challenge of simultaneously optimizing B2B and B2C experiences. This role focuses on the B2C side of our web and mobile web products as well as our buyer-focused iOS and Android apps.
This position will be located in our Chicago, IL office and will report to our Product Marketing Manager on the Marketing Team.
- Gain a deep understanding of user needs and challenges to inform messaging, positioning, and go-to market strategy for buyer product features
- Craft and execute adoption and engagement strategies for buyer product features
- Guide the creation of marketing materials for buy-side feature launches and app-focused marketing initiatives
- Act as the Marketing team liaison to the Buyer Experience and Mobile Apps product teams by keeping up with product development in real-time and pivoting marketing tactics as needed
- Keep the Customer Engagement and Operations teams informed on significant changes to buyer product features and mobile apps
- 2-4 years of marketing experience, preferably in e-commerce or SaaS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly collaborative and comfortable creating new processes across multiple teams
- Willingness to openly discuss failed tactics in order to understand why something didn’t work and how we can effectively iterate on it
- Comfort working with data to glean new insights, inform product decisions, and report on performance
- Ability to pioneer your own solutions when faced with limited resources, technical challenges, and other roadblocks
- Experience with mobile apps and app stores a plus
Reverb offers compensation packages that include base, bonus, and equity in the form of Etsy restricted stock units. Some of our key 2021 benefits include:
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and their eligible dependents (you read it right: no premiums!)
- Life, AD&D, and supplemental long-and short-term disability insurance
- Matching 401(k)
- A generous vacation policy, plus unlimited sick and mental health days
- 18 weeks of gender-neutral parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child
- 12 weeks of fully-paid family leave
- Up to $7,500 reimbursement of adoption-related expenses
- Ways to give back to you community through a charitable contribution match and volunteer time off
At Reverb, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant and resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Reverb is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
We know that the impostor syndrome and confidence gap are real. Please do not hesitate to apply!