Product Marketing Strategist
Are you a product-minded marketer that is passionate about building integrated go-to-market strategies? Sprout Social is looking for a Product Marketing Strategist to join our team. This individual understands the social media management landscape and has experience with B2B tech or software marketing. You possess the desire and capacity to garner a deep product knowledge while understanding the need to zoom out and tell concrete, compelling, value-focused stories about our platform and solutions. Your skills are part creative, part analytical and always centered around delivering relevant content that enhances our brand and product stories.
Our software is used by more than 24,000 customers worldwide including Evernote, adidas, West Elm and Edelman. These businesses rely on Sprout to create stronger relationships with their customers through social media. The product stories you develop and bring to market will empower our current customers and enable our sales and marketing teams to find new prospects to turn into loyal brand followers.
Sprout Social strongly believes in the need for effective product marketing to drive success in a SaaS organization. We understand the importance it plays in product awareness, demand generation and feature adoption. As a member of the Product Marketing team, you will dive into the work from day one – focusing particularly on creating value-driven product positioning, developing go-to-market strategies and working cross-functionally to execute integrated product launches. You’ll partner closely with Product Managers to understand the product development lifecycle and focus on distilling and communicating key information to stakeholders across marketing, sales and support. Our ideal candidate is as comfortable project managing a cross-functional product launch campaign and creating a segmentation strategy as they are are writing technical release notes, demoing features for our Customer Support team and helping in the development of sales collateral.
If you’re interested in joining a growing team committed to building industry-leading, innovative solutions for today’s modern marketer, we’d love to talk with you!
Within 1 month you’ll:
- Attend two weeks of Sprout Social training to learn the ins and outs of both our company and products to better understand the value that Sprout delivers to our customers
- Develop a firm understanding of Sprout’s brand positioning, voice and key messages
- Get to know your fellow Product Marketers and Product Managers
- Work with the Product & Customer Marketing Squad to learn our Agile framework and understand how to effectively plan for work to get done
- Soak up knowledge from every team you interact with and ask a lot of questions!
Within 3 months you’ll:
- Assist in your first product release/launch (with help from your manager, of course)
- You'll dive deep into industry knowledge, starting to understand the competitive landscape and personas for the products you work with
- Familiarize yourself with Sprout’s product strategy and development lifecycle, including the “Tribe/Squad” model, our release/launch process, marketing campaign framework and more
- Align to a specific “Tribe” within the Product Team and work closely with your partner Product Manager(s) to deeply understand the use cases serviced by the features and toolsets within that “Tribe”
- Work closely with your manager to develop product positioning, key messaging and use cases for feature releases, platform enhancements and product updates
Within 6 months, you’ll:
- Plan and execute your first product release—taking the lead from start to finish
- Interact day-to-day with internal teams including product management, marketing, sales, creative, account management, support and others to communicate key information
- Continue to hone your writing skills by applying them to various mediums and formats, including: web pages, in-app copy, blog posts, sales support documentation, etc.
- Participate in cross-functional meetings to develop go-to-market strategy and contribute to integrated marketing launches both tactically and in a project management capacity
- Continue to develop a strong relationship with your partner Product Manager and better understand Sprout’s product strategy including the various inputs that inform our roadmap and product decision-making process
Within 12 months, you’ll:
- Plan and execute your first integrated product launch—taking the lead from start to finish
- Master the PMK go-to-market procedure and demonstrate the ability to execute on this repeatable process effectively for product releases and integrated launches
- Collaborate with Product Education, Sales Readiness and Sales Enablement to plan and administer internal training sessions for Sales and Support to communicate platform enhancements and product/feature updates
- Collaborate with various marketing teams to deliver creative product storytelling that supports our brand story and positioning
- Be comfortable and proactive about working with the rest of the Product Marketing team to push the creativity of our product stories and go-to-market strategies
- Surprise us! Use your unique ideas and abilities to change our team and marketing efforts in beneficial ways that we haven’t even considered yet.
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success.
Team Sprout is a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We’re proud to regularly be recognized for software, product and company culture achievements. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including generous company contributions
- Progressive benefit programs, like our parental leave program and free Divvy bike memberships
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment - your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability and life insurance
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and financial well-being of our team
- Breakfast and lunch options onsite, and more healthy snack options and beverages than you can imagine
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
Sprout Social is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law. We value the things that make us different and want to see how you can make our team better!