Public Relations Specialist
To apply, please submit a resume and writing samples (media pitches, press releases, articles, etc.) for us to review!
In this role you will:
- Develop and execute successful media relations campaigns by researching and identifying targets, drafting press releases, compiling relevant assets, creating personalized media pitches, and securing coverage.
- Build and maintain media relationships across targeted publications, including mainstream music, music trade, tech, local, and other key outlets.
- Manage customer advocacy program by working closely with Reverb’s Outreach Team to identify and vet notable users; Create media outreach campaigns and secure coverage surrounding key customer success stories.
- Identify and secure local branding opportunities, including media coverage, speaking opportunities, and awards.
- Work closely with the Artist Relations, Content, and International Marketing teams to support and promote campaigns and initiatives.
- Actively monitor the news for proactive and reactive opportunities to tell the Reverb story.
- Track and analyze media coverage for regular results reports.
- BA / BS degree in public relations, strategic communications, journalism, or a related field.
- 2-3 years of public relations experience with a focus on media relations and thought leadership; agency experience is preferred, but not required.
- A track record of executing media relations and thought leadership campaigns that result in consistent coverage in key media outlets; Experience with consumer retail or music brands is a plus.
- Experience owning media outreach campaigns from start to finish, including ideation, content creation, research, and reporting.
- Excellent written communication skills, with the proven ability to write both creative/engaging and succinct/error-free copy; Samples required.
- Strong interpersonal skills that allow you to easily connect both with internal team members and external stakeholders, including media contacts, partners, and customers.
- Self-motivated with relentless attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects and priorities at once.
- No-bureaucracy environment where ownership and initiative are valued.
- Health insurance and a healthy work environment.
- 401k with company match.
- Paid parental leave.
- Flexible vacation and sick days.
- Pre-tax commuter benefits.
- Bi-monthly lunches.
- A MacBook, monitor, keyboard, mouse of your choice and standing desk.