Quantitative Behavioral Marketer at Morningstar
The Group: On the Behavioral Insights team, we apply advanced analytics and behavioral sciences to empower investor success. We derive deep insights from mining rich behavioral data, form meaningful hypotheses, and run rapid, digital experiments to determine what works and what doesn’t. Our Behavioral Marketing and Analytics group focuses especially on how to apply these techniques to marketing: to better understand, and engage with, our prospects and clients. In particular, we help connect interested buyers with Morningstar’s leading tools for investors and the professionals that serve them.
The Role: As a behavioral science practitioner, you’ll conduct behavioral consulting and analytics across multiple lines of business for marketing and sales: to help solve customer challenges and drive impact in a measurable way. More specially, you’ll analyze opportunities for ethical, thoughtful marketing: through rigorous psychological and data analyses, identifying both behavioral drivers and behavioral hurdles that our business and customers face.
You’ll develop practical strategies, messaging, and other interventions to support consumer engagement and business outcomes. Most importantly, you’ll help design relevant experiments to test the impact of your recommendations and will have the opportunity to disseminate/publicize the results.
This role gives you a unique opportunity to further develop and leverage both advanced analytics and behavioral consulting skills to empower investor success.
- Conduct advanced statistical analyses of behavioral data (covering marketing, sales, product usage, customer feedback, etc.) to derive in-depth customer and business insights. Analyses include automated data processing, machine learning, experimental design and ANOVA, etc.
- Conduct behavioral analyses on Morningstar’s marketing efforts, as well as those of competitors, to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Develop practical business strategies, messaging, and other interventions to drive effective marketing and business outcomes.
- Present your analyses, insights, and recommendations to business partners and management to get their buy-in.
- Design and analyze digital experiments to test the impact of your recommendations.
- Analyze and publicize the results of your experiments/studies and recommend next steps for continuous improvement.
- Experience in statistics, data science, or (quantitative) economics is required. You’ll need to be proficient in data mining and advanced analytics.
- Academic background in psychology, human factors, finance, or economics is highly preferred, and candidates should have an interest in behavioral research.
- Statistical programming experience (Python, SQL, etc.) is strongly preferred. Please provide or summarize particular examples of analyses you’ve conducted by using these tools.
- Good communication skills and motivated to drive business impact via teamwork.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer. This position is based in our Chicago office.