Senior Brand Manager at Upwork
Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
Our Senior Brand Manager will help shape a modern and relevant brand in the hearts and minds of audiences around the world. Working collaboratively with the marketing, sales, and product teams, this role will build the Upwork brand in a customer-first fashion. Focus will be on driving the long-term success of the brand through our brand strategy, advancing a brand-oriented culture, and ensuring “on-brand” executional excellence.
- Customer & Talent Champion. Ensure the voices of the customer and talent are represented in strategic and tactical decisions by synthesizing and socializing insights across brand tools and studies.
- Brand Building. Aid in building our brand through 1) the evolution of our brand book, 2) program management of brand campaigns across channels, an optimal media channel mix and select brand partnerships, 3) defining content topics/themes, plus potential influencer opportunities, and 5) running the brand experience on and offline.
- Brand Measurement & Optimization. Own tracking, reporting, testing agenda, and optimizations across media channels, brand studies, and measurement tools to ensure goals are met. This includes regular review and reporting of competitors’ brand strategy.
- Brand Management. Partner across functions to ensure messages and visuals across all touchpoints ladder up to our brand strategy and adhere to the brand expression system. Run end-to-end brand audit reviews on a regular cadence.
- Brand Education: Strengthen the understanding of brand purpose, promise, propositions, and expression system. Share and apply outstanding brand thinking across the organization. Build and maintain the brand hub, the internal resource center, which includes core brand strategy building blocks, assets, brand training, and engagement materials.
What it takes to catch our eye:
- 8+ years experience in brand marketing with proven proficiencies across positioning, brand architecture, brand story development, plus crafting and maintaining brand books
- Prior work in building, managing, and optimizing brand media campaigns within a brand-led company
- Expertise in brand activation and management, building brand education programs, brand innovation and project leadership
How to really knock our socks off:
- Two-sided marketplace experience (B to B and B to C)
- Experience using various brand frameworks that can translate across marketing, e.g., positioning frameworks, message maps, etc.
- History of launching and leading brand programs across owned, earned and paid media channels
- A successful track record of managing, influencing and getting work done across departments at all levels as well among agency partners
- Experience synthesizing financial metrics and research insights from brand studies to measure brand performance as well as experience using sentiment analysis tools.
- Entrepreneurial-minded with a bias towards action!
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We’re a remote-first organization supported by offices in Santa Clara and Chicago, working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We build amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.