Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We help connect companies large and small with top independent talent from around the world. Simply put, our mission is to create economic opportunities so people have better lives.
Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled independent professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere.
As Senior Manager, Client Communications, you will join the Communications team responsible for telling the Upwork story and elevating our external communications efforts across our client audience and key tech, business, and trade verticals. In this role, you will be responsible for developing and executing on campaigns across various channels to increase awareness among target clients. In addition to building relationships with journalists and clients, you will also be responsible for building an analyst relations program that increases favorability within the industry analyst community.
This is an ideal position for a self-starter with a passion for working with various industry influencers (from media to independent talent to academics) and an excitement for shaping the future of work.Your Responsibilities:
- Develop a proactive communications strategy that showcases how Upwork's work marketplace empowers clients to gain control
- Create and execute compelling PR campaigns to secure robust media coverage in top-tier outlets
- Develop and implement analyst relations plans that align with company objectives
- Lead external communications strategy and execution for client facing product announcements and campaigns
- Proactively work with cross-functional teams (analytics, product, talent success, research) to identify opportunities to add Upwork to public conversations and raise awareness of our brand
- Support our media spokesperson program by conducting media trainings, interview prep, and event support and provide comms counsel and support on issues that may impact our employees, customers, product, and corporate reputation
- A strategic thinker who is willing to roll up their sleeves and get into the weeds when necessary
- Experience in the recruiting industry or with marketplace platforms
- Strong media and analyst relations chops and experience telling data-driven stories
- Success collaborating with and influencing cross-functional partners
- Communications and PR experience within an agency or in-house
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also support hiring of corporate full-time employees in 15 states in the United States. Please speak with a member of our recruitment team to determine whether you are located in a state in which we are hiring corporate full-time employees.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.