Senior Communications Specialist (Social Media) at Paylocity
Chicago's best-performing technology company Paylocity is looking for a Senior Communications Specialist (Social Media) to join our Corporate Marketing Team. Consistently named among the top companies to work for, best companies to sell for, and fastest-growing software products, Paylocity offers the opportunity to work for a thriving, vibrant company with a strong, healthy company culture.
This role offers the opportunity to inform and execute communications strategy with a focus on social media and email channels, collaborating with other staff to craft content that drive leads and engagement. Candidates best fit for this role have a strong understanding of storytelling and know how to drive differentiation and business outcomes. They must be self-motivated, organized, and experienced in creating connections, driving results, and measuring performance as well as driven to gain a deep understanding of our target audiences and the HR technology industry.
Primary Responsibilities (what will you be doing?)
The below represents the primary duties of the position, others may be assigned as needed. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Write, edit, and manage organic social media content and campaigns to increase followers and engagement.
- Write, edit, and consult on email marketing campaigns in collaboration with the broader marketing team.
- Monitor competitor and thought leader activity to adjust strategy and tactics as needed.
- Collaborate with designers and other marketers to maintain brand identity and integrated approach
- Develop, cultivate, and maintain relationships with a variety of stakeholders, including internal SMEs and thought leaders, to facilitate content creation
- Create and share monthly scorecards to report on performance
- Enforce and contribute to consistency of brand voice and editorial standards
- Provide occasional editorial and writing support for the rest of the marketing team as needed
Education and Experience (who are we looking for?)
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, or related field, or commensurate experience
- 4-7 years of experience in social media management, email marketing, and marketing communications
- Experience in B2B tech industry preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (writing samples required)
- Strong editorial skills, knowledge of AP style and SEO preferred
- Self-driven and energetic team player
- Adaptable to shifting priorities and tight deadlines
- Ability to proactively, independently identify opportunities for social media content and communications that can contribute to business goals
- Ability to translate goals into activities that drive performance in key audience segments
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office product suite, content management systems
- Proficiency in Sprout Social or other social media management platforms
- Experience with Pardot or other email platform, HTML, a plus
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
This job excludes CO applicants