Senior Director, Customer Success Marketing at DocuSign
(Senior) Director, Customer Success Marketing
Customer Success I San Francisco, California; Chicago, Illinois; Seattle, WA
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Customer Success team is the largest organization in the world focused entirely on agreement processes and technologies. We are the Agreement Experts. With hundreds of thousands of successful customers worldwide, we know how to help our customers see results quickly. And that experience is just one of the reasons our customers trust us to connect, automate, and integrate their systems of agreement, everywhere they need to get work done. As part of our global team of Agreement Experts – in professional services, customer success management, learning and enablement, and customer support – you’ll bring your knowledge, insights, and proven expertise to help our customers achieve more than they ever thought possible.
As the leader of our Customer Success Marketing team, you’ll drive development of Customer Success marketing strategy, marketing programs, world-class content, and data-driven marketing solutions to reach more customers and partners to help them understand all the possibilities that DocuSign Customer Success can help them achieve. Your objective is to keep customers involved and engaged with DocuSign, in support of our strategic imperative to accelerate customer adoption and success. You will collaborate extensively with cross-functional teams, particularly Marketing, Sales, and Field Enablement, and across DocuSign’s Customer Success teams providing Advisory, Implementation, and Adoption services, as well as Customer Support. With your leadership, the Customer Success Marketing team will develop rich, engaging content that drives DocuSign Customer Success awareness and engagement globally. You will collaborate with Field Enablement on multi-tiered enablement strategies to equip our Sales and Customer Success teams globally to correctly position the customer success value proposition and our core Success portfolio. You’ll further design and implement engaging internal marketing and communications programs that result in widespread awareness of the customer results and value delivered by Customer Success, while simultaneously building deep employee engagement. You will bring a mix of creativity, execution discipline, and accountability to results. This is a senior people manager role, and reports to the Vice President, Success Product & Portfolio Management. This is a unique opportunity for a highly driven leader with a diverse skillset that spans strategic thinking, SaaS services marketing expertise, product / brand marketing aptitude, analytical problem solving, and creative storytelling. Comfort with ambiguity, experience building highly effective teams, and the ability to work iteratively at a fast pace are a must.
- Develop the Customer Success marketing strategies & drive tactical execution of Success marketing programs that amplify the Success portfolio with global and regional Marketing, Sales and Success leadership.
- Create repeatable processes to ensure collaboration with front-line, customer-facing Sales and Customer Success teams to gather customer insights and best practices that inform and drive content creation, including showcasing customer outcomes and value.
- Develop customer-centric market positioning and campaigns that increase customer awareness and understanding of the Success value proposition and core Success offerings.
- Drive rapid development of customer-facing content to support sales and marketing, that can be leveraged across various channels, mediums, and customer/partner use cases.
- Understand and leverage industry trends, the DocuSign corporate vision for the DocuSign Agreement Cloud (DAC) platform, and the DocuSign Customer Success value proposition to ensure content quality and relevance.
- Create Partner + DocuSign Success value proposition, marketing programs and enablement activities to drive awareness and adoption, particularly with System Integrators.
- Collaborate with Field Enablement on strategies and materials to equip sales and customer success teams to correctly position the Success value proposition and core Success portfolio.
- Drive planning and execution of the Customer Success engagement in our annual global Field kickoff event, customer-facing community events, and annual customer conference.
- Collaborate with Corporate / Executive Communications business owners and stakeholders to define and execute a measurable communications strategy with relevant, engaging messaging to a variety of internal and external audiences.
- Build a rapid-response Success Communications core team capabilities in order to improve scale and time to delivery.
- Build and efficiently manage “flex” Success marketing capacity, capability, and competency via a network of ongoing creative agency, partner, and contractor relationships.
- Develop a data-driven approach and orientation to measuring marketing and communications impact, including collecting, analyzing and reporting standard marketing–related KPIs to inform and optimize ongoing investments.
- Manage projects, schedules, workflows, deadlines and costs associated with Success marketing activities to ensure that expected results are delivered on time and within budget.
- Minimum of 15 years experience developing & executing marketing programs and campaigns, including ability to execute multi-channel programs at scale.
- At least 10 years experience in content marketing, communications or a related marketing or customer success role, preferably within a SaaS model.
- At least 10 years experience leading teams and organizations, with strong ability to articulate strategy, lead implementations and change.
- Minimum of 8 years experience engaging with or participating in marketing operations, plus experience working with marketing agencies or managing relationships with third-party contractors.
- Solid, creative storyteller with experience leading Customer Marketing or Advocacy programs and all content creation efforts, including case studies, testimonials, and social media.
- Strong ability to collaboratively articulate end-to-end customer vision, strategy, and plans to a wide variety of internal and external audiences, with examples of results converting strategy to execution.
- Proven record creating content and customer-facing resources, with the ability to digest and articulate complex concepts for mass consumption via engaging content.
- Demonstrated expertise leading cross functional, large-scale strategic marketing programs or global initiatives, working in highly matrixed regional and global teams.
- Proven experience in implementing actionable metrics and measurement frameworks to quantifiably assess marketing program and content / asset performance, contribution to business & customer outcomes, and engagement relative to the customer journey.
- Demonstrated ability to create and articulate the vision and direction for the Customer Success Marketing function.
- Expertise in developing a cohesive, comprehensive, intuitive customer journey, spanning SMB customers to large global Enterprises. Experience creating and articulating consistent, impactful Success engagement points across a complex multi-product customer journey.
- Proven performance management and talent development expertise.
- 8+ years of event marketing experience is strongly preferred.
- 5+ years of partner marketing experience is preferred.
- Exceptional executive level communication skills to create and convey customer objectives, success strategies, and customer insights for internal and external stakeholders.
- Highly collaborative, creative, goal-oriented, self-starter and team-centric.
- Superior interpersonal skills, and effective relationship-building talents.
DocuSign® helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, hundreds of thousands of customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. Plus, we save more trees together! And that’s a good thing.
DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer . DocuSign is committed to building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the discussion and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team. Individuals seeking employment at DocuSign are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.