Senior Email Marketing Specialist at ShopRunner
We connect customers to the brands they love by way of a thriving marketplace and a members-only service that provides benefits across 140+ of the best online stores. Our members save time and money with benefits including free 2-day shipping, easy 2-click checkout, and free returns all while we help them stay up on the latest trends that appeal.
For merchants, we’re driving eCommerce business, producing insights with a growing data analytics practice to boot. With a powerful two-sided network and a robust data platform, we’re creating an eCommerce win-win, helping retailers compete. The landscape of retail is changing and we’re here to empower retailers to take their place in that exciting evolution.
We have people in offices around the world: Headquartered in Chicago, with offices in Conshohocken, PA (Philly area), New York, San Mateo and Krakow, Poland. We hustle to get things done, creating wins for customers, merchants and each other.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Senior Email Specialist is responsible for managing editorial emails at ShopRunner, cumulating in 1B+ sends annually. This person has 4+ years of hands-on B2C experience working in enterprise Email Service Providers (SFMC, Responsys, etc) and is a bonafide subject matter expert. They have a deep understanding of email metrics, including defining and helping to build attribution models. They thrive at collaborating with others in providing feedback, meeting strict deadlines, and quickly pivoting from writing a creative project brief to troubleshooting a broken Outlook email.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Craft quarterly and annual messaging strategies to drive revenue and engagement
- Manage a calendar of 3-4 mass deployments per day for 100+ retailers, one app, and two organizations
- Accountable for the functionality and accuracy of all deployments via our ESP, Iterable
- Help launch new messaging channels like Push, Browser Notifications, and SMS
- Develop a testing roadmap to create a habit of multivariate and A/B testing
- Help create and execute on an audience targeting strategy
- Maintain database hygiene via deliverability and engagement monitoring
- Coordinate timelines with design, and retailer representatives
- Manage relationships with related third-party vendors and integrations
- Identifying and troubleshooting bugs like a slow deployment, broken link, users
- Support the product team in new launches that require email
- The ability to view visual and product designs with a critical eye and provide feedback grounded in design principles and user experience
- Weekly business review: read-outs on email performance and planning
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- 4+ years of hands-on B2C experience in an enterprise-level Email Service Provider
- Demonstrate the ability to craft quarterly business strategies and present them to executive stakeholders
- Experience managing a high frequency calendar with at least daily deployments
- Experience in deploying to and segmenting data sets of 3m+ users
- Experience building A/B, multivariate, and holdout testing to meet statistical significance
- Demonstrate CRM expertise in discussions with design, analysts, and other marketing stakeholders
- Extensive email analytical experience, drawing insights beyond opens and clicks
- Extreme attention to detail: customer journey logic, audience targeting, typos, pixelation
- A pursued interest in the roadmap of email technology
NICE TO HAVE:
- An email-related certification with an ESP
- Background in ecommerce or tech
- Ability to write database queries
- Experience working with triggered emails
- Front-end email development experience (HTML, CSS, dynamic content)
- Experience in non-email messaging channels (Push/SMS/Browser Notifications)
- Experience working with Business Intelligence Tools (Tableau, Looker)
- Leadership abilities or the desire to learn them, as you will often play the role of subject matter expert + decision-maker
We want you to bring your whole human self to work every day. We accept you for who you are and consider everybody on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.