Senior Manager, External Communications
RXBAR: We manufacture, market and distribute whole food protein bars. While the protein bar market is crowded, RXBAR cuts through the clutter with a clean ingredient deck and disruptive branding. A unique, No B.S value proposition has propelled RXBAR to be a major, rapidly growing player in the nutrition category.
Senior Manager, External Communications: As a rapidly-growing and dynamic company, we rely on a highly-skilled, proactive Communications team to craft, amplify and protect our brand narrative, driving awareness among a variety of key stakeholders.
The Senior Manager, External Communications will be charged with propelling the company narrative and positively engaging external target audiences, supporting overarching business objectives. The Senior Manager, External Communications will drive the strategy for media relations, influencer engagement and campaign amplification. The position requires superior communication abilities and an understanding of the media and influencer environment, paired with strong management experience to help guide an internal support team and a PR agency partner. Identifying external opportunities to enhance and protect the RXBAR reputation and the ability to manage issues will be key for success. This role will collaborate internally with the broader marketing function as well as the Internal Communications Manager. The role will report to the Director of Communications.
The ideal candidate has an ability to develop and rollout cohesive, compelling messaging, work collaboratively with RXBAR and agency team members, and act as a steward of the company’s brand image.
General Functions + Responsibilities:
- Aid in the creation and execution of an over-arching external communications plan
- Support the vision and mission of leadership, leveraging external communications to drive the company narrative
- Adapt communication strategies to work effectively with a variety of stakeholders and audiences
Campaign Development and Deployment:
- Lead media relations strategy and execution for RXBAR, driving proactive and reactive opportunities with local, regional, national and international outlets
- Develop creative, engaging PR programs to bolster and promote company innovations and news
- Partner with Influencer Marketing Manager to include influencer marketing as lever in 360 external plan
- Lead and develop junior external communications team members including influencer marketing lead and communications senior associate
- Work cross-functionally, amplifying key initiatives and campaigns across our direct, strategic and retail business
- Partner with Internal Communications lead on developing and articulating consistent company messaging to relevant external stakeholders
- Partner with Internal Communications to enhance and protect the company brand image by supporting activation of external opportunities to position RXBAR as an industry thought leader
Skills and Qualifications:
- Positive attitude, a thirst for knowledge, and an excitement for growing our business
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, or related field required
- 8 - 10 years of experience in an external communications role
- Proactive and skilled communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to perform and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient at effectively managing workload to meet deadlines, while ensuring a high standard of quality
- Self-starter who is extremely result and detail-oriented
- Skilled at presenting ideas clearly and listening effectively
- Passion for entrepreneurship
- Desire to excel and grow with the organization
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well with multiple teams
- Highly adaptable and resourceful
- Clear communicator and consensus builder, highly organized, very detail-oriented, and able to coordinate projects simultaneously
- Web research savvy, Microsoft Office and Apple Keynote proficiency
Total Rewards Package: Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, 401K plan with RXBAR match, cell phone & fitness membership reimbursement, subsidized commuter benefits, bike & helmet, unlimited RXBARs, RXBAR gear and invaluable experience growing a company.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.